Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Period like cramps at 14 weeks

(5 Posts)
BotBotticelli Fri 23-Jan-15 12:40:48

Got really bad belly cramps today - low down where I figure my uterus is.

Feels like period pain or maybe the sort of cramps you get when you have diarrhoea. No sign of any bowel problems though. No blood either.

Really worrying though - don't remember having this when pregnant with ds1. Although was crampy in the early weeks (6-10) with both pregnancies.

Anyone got any idea what this could be? Uterus stretching/baby growing/ stuff pressing on my bowels?

Really hope it's nothing to worry about.

Zsazsabinks Fri 23-Jan-15 13:40:33

Probably uterus stretching and growing, round ligament pain. Try not to worry.

thechinaclogs Fri 23-Jan-15 16:15:01

Try not to worry OP. As Zsazsabinks says it's probably round ligament pain. I had the same thing from week 12 and often felt alarmed but really, it's a sign that your baby is growing.

weelamb123 Fri 23-Jan-15 17:32:26

Yes sounds like stretching pains. As long as no blood then its probably normal. Good luck xx

BotBotticelli Fri 23-Jan-15 20:47:19

Thanks guys. Left work early and had a nice sleep this afternoon and the cramps have gone off a bit.

Feel pretty rough though - heartburn has appeared (really suffered with this last time I was pregnant) and I feel nauseous again. I really wish I could see inside my belly! Wonder if the baby is having a bit of a growth spurt or something, for me to feel suddenly so rough when I have been feeling better?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: