Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Scan tomorrow at 5 weeks

(5 Posts)
Tia2005 Thu 22-Jan-15 17:02:44

Having a scan tomorrow I will be 5 weeks, I've been having cramps no bleeding Dr wants to rule out ectopic, scared as I've had 2 miscarriages they were at 4+2 has anyone had a scan this early

pinkie87 Fri 23-Jan-15 08:19:59

I had one at 5 weeks 6 days following some spotting. It was reassuring. 5 weeks may be SLIGHTLY early to see a heartbeat so they may ask you to come back. I wish you all the best. x

zzzzz Fri 23-Jan-15 08:26:00

Yes lots. Black blob, small "pol", if the wind is in the right direction flicker of heart (think two pixels). My baby days are over now but a decade ago that's what it was like. Sending good thoughts.

Tia2005 Fri 23-Jan-15 10:26:37

Thanks xx

bakingtins Fri 23-Jan-15 10:31:35

Good luck tia IME the most you can expect that early is a sac in the right place. A foetal pole of a few mm and a HB should appear around the 6 week mark. Be prepared that the scan will be transvaginal ( dildocam) which is fine, but a bit off putting if you were expecting them to put the scanner on your abdomen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: