Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Update on Consultant appointment to check Cervical Length

(3 Posts)
applecore0317 Wed 21-Jan-15 19:23:24

Hi,

Thought I would post this to see if anyone else wanted the information.

I had my consultant appointment today and an internal scan to check the length of my cervix.

I had CIN2 and treatment to remove the affected cells 13 months ago. I have had some light bleeding in this pregnancy, three times in the first trimester following dtd and once during my 12 week scan.

Then again later on following an internal. I have also had fluid leaking with discharge (sorry if TMI) I thought it was just normal pregnancy stuff, and still hope it is.

Had the internal scan today and my cervix length is fine bit because of the fluid and light bleeding previously I have to have a fluid check next week to check its not my back waters and then another internal scan to make sure there are no changes to my cervix as fluid loss and any bleeding can be a sign that the cervix may change (haven't had bleeding in seven weeks, just the fluid discharge regularly)

Pending all being ok next week then I will have fortnightly appointments and have been asked to refrain from dtd until I am.past 28 weeks.

So that's it really, just worth watching out for things like this if you have had previous lletz treatment and speaking to your midwife about it.

Chatty987 Wed 21-Jan-15 19:46:27

That's very helpful. Did they say what the cervix length is? Consultant told me anything below 2.5cm they would suggest a cervical stitch/suture. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

applecore0317 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:57:34

Thanks Chatty987 length worked out to be 3.1 smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: