Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Discharge! Tmi alert!!

(29 Posts)
Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:22:28

No shame I know but I'm worried over the discharge im losing, seems a lot. Doesn't smell and is creamy colour (sorry tmi) but really is a lot. I'm still cramping most days tho usually after work when I sit down, I'm 13+2 and have read it's normal to have increase around this time but I can't remember it being like this with the last two. driving me mad, I still expect blood every time I go to toilet blush confused
Thank you in advance....really is no dignity in pregnancy x

Nottalotta Wed 21-Jan-15 18:34:17

Hello, I am 12wks today and had this much earlier. I have read in my 'pregnancy instruction manual' that its caused by the muscle in the vagina thickening and extra cells lining the vagina. This causes more discharge. Its normal. If its sore or itchy or anything other than cream/white or smells, see your GP.

Hope that helps!

TouchPauseEngage Wed 21-Jan-15 18:36:56

No dignity at all Swanny grin and it doesn't get any more glamorous does it!

The discharge has just got heavier and heavier for me (17wks now) the cramping did die down but had pains this week - from ligaments stretching is guess.

GlitzAndGigglesx Wed 21-Jan-15 18:40:17

Perfectly normal but doesn't feel too nice!

Gunpowder Wed 21-Jan-15 18:41:15

Gosh I've had LOADS. Am 25 weeks now. Don't remember it from last time but sure it was a thing then too. Apparently it's a good sign! One of those weird pg symptoms no one talks about though.

Currentlyclueless Wed 21-Jan-15 18:42:16

Loads is normal as long as it's not brown yellow/green or smells.

It's just your body preventing you getting infections

fattymcfatfat Wed 21-Jan-15 18:46:27

Oh gosh...I know what you mean the same is happening to me....the amount of loo roll im using when I wipe! I sort of feel a bit bad telling ds off for using loads now. No one ever mentions this....basically pregnancy is pretty gross but we all just get lulled into it with people telling us about 'glowing' and all that other rubbish. Im a grumpy miserable psycho who looks like crap, leaks fluid (discharge) pretty much all day and is ready to punch anyone that looks at me funny. I also have v. Sore boobs and I always break out in loads of spots when im pg.

pocopearl Wed 21-Jan-15 18:47:25

Just wait until you pass your plug!!!

fattymcfatfat Wed 21-Jan-15 18:50:45

Haha....thats another thing they dont warn you about. ...you will effectively give birth to w big globbof goo before you have a baby!

Blanketontheground Wed 21-Jan-15 18:52:25

Totally normal but no one talks about it. Congratulations.

pocopearl Wed 21-Jan-15 18:54:39

I remember sitting on the toilet in the hospital (after a week long induction) starting at it on the toilet roll for a good 5 minutes, then thinking this is gross and just vommed all over the floor.

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:56:54

Thank you all. Very much appreciated and reassuring, I feel like a first time mother and it's my third but if there's a symptom I seem to have it this time.
My cramps did go for a while but since my bump is growing by the day I can understand them coming back, good job pregnancy is worth it once baby is here x

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:58:34

Oh poco how we do this more than once is beyond me, if our fellas were having babies (or even knew half of what we go through) we'd all have no more than 1 baby x

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 21-Jan-15 19:00:15

Increased discharge has just really started for me today (5 +5), I was convinced it must be blood! I was very relieved it wasn't!

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 19:11:41

Doctor I remember mine starting early and thinking it was blood. Then it eased up and now it's back. Be nice to feel baby moving so we can worry less it's ok. Congratulations on your pregnancy

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 21-Jan-15 19:13:30

Thanks. It took me by surprise at work!

Eltonjohnsflorist Wed 21-Jan-15 19:14:21

You'll have loads and loads if discharge and it's a great sign! Was a bit embarrassed having my Brazilian the other day as DH says you can see it glistening and coming out confused poor beautician

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 21-Jan-15 19:14:56

Yucky!

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 19:17:32

Oh I'm so very glad I found this site smile sure she's seen it all before. And I'm relieved it's a good sign. Would rather have a more attractive sign but guess it's another perk to being a mummy grin

fattymcfatfat Wed 21-Jan-15 19:31:23

We enjoy so many 'perks' during pregnancy. ..im on number 3 aswell have you noticed that once you already have a dc then no one has any sympathy for you during pregnancy even if symptoms etc are worse?! Mind you we are the ones who decide to go through it all again. Men would have heart attack if they had to go through half of it...never mind the giving birth bit!

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:13:25

Yep people just say to me "well you've done it before" but honestly each pregnancy is so different it's scary, I've 3 friends who are all due in same week of me and they are all so laid back and sailing through everything. I feel like a drama queen blush

BumWad Wed 21-Jan-15 20:25:40

Mine hasn't been too bad, only going through one liner a day but I am getting quite a bit gloopy string when I go for a wee!

I'm 15+3

fattymcfatfat Wed 21-Jan-15 20:31:08

Lucky buggers! I wish I could sail through it. With dc1 pregnancy was pish posh but jesus labour was hard! With dc2 tough pregnancy. ..easier labour but still not what I would call straight forward!. With this one im suffering already and dread what labour will be like....especially when I will have the ex there! Oh well perfect excuse to punch him in the nuts!

Swanny84 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:01:02

Oh fatty sounds like a good excuse smile I'm such a worrier in pregnancy I drive myself mad.
Awww bumwad mine is terrible, so glad the hubby works away, I'm as unattractive as can be, hoping it eases a little....ps when I shorten your names it seems a bit rude to call Ya fatty and bum so apologises, however your names made me smile smile I am easily pleased I know

ArgentinianMalbec Wed 21-Jan-15 21:16:27

I had loads of discharge when pregnant. Had to wear a panty liner all the time. Was gross. When I was about 16(?ish?) weeks I went to the EPU as I rang the midwife and they said it could be my waters but luckily was just discharge! blush I felt silly but was reassured. You should ring your midwife if you're worried - at least when they tell you it's nothing you can stop worrying smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: