Talk

Advanced search

NT screening

(5 Posts)
Bustherb Tue 20-Jan-15 20:02:51

Hi. Anyone waited a while for their NT results? It's been 2 weeks since I had it done and not heard anything. I live in Wales and wondered if there are any Welsh ladies who have waited? I beleive it goes to Cardiff xx thank you

NickyEds Tue 20-Jan-15 20:22:52

I don't know about Wales but when I had the test with ds they said that if there was any kind of problem (high risk) I would be called within a week and if there wasn't I'd receive a letter. I was low risk and got the letter around 10ish days after the test. My friend got a high risk probability and was called within a couple of days to arrange amnio/discuss options etc. I would say that no news is good news op. It must be hard hearing nothing though.

Bustherb Tue 20-Jan-15 20:26:40

Thanks for replying. I know in my head that no news is good news but I can't help but think there's still something wrong. I think it's the uncertainty and the unknown. Hopefully I'll hear soon. Thanks for your reply grin xx

NickyEds Tue 20-Jan-15 21:07:46

I couldn't have the NT test done last week when I went for my scan as the baby wouldn't co operate so they couldn't measure it and I was too far along to go back. This meant that I had the quad blood test today. I was asking when i could expect the results and the mw said that they do them 3 times a week so if there's something wrong I'll know by the end of the week-very reassuring after getting totally stressed about not getting it done last week!
Try not to worry I'm sure all's well.

SilverStars Tue 20-Jan-15 21:08:51

Great they so slow - of they contact you quickly it is due to a problem ( here by phonecall), sadly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: