Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

NT screening

(5 Posts)
Bustherb Tue 20-Jan-15 20:02:51

Hi. Anyone waited a while for their NT results? It's been 2 weeks since I had it done and not heard anything. I live in Wales and wondered if there are any Welsh ladies who have waited? I beleive it goes to Cardiff xx thank you

NickyEds Tue 20-Jan-15 20:22:52

I don't know about Wales but when I had the test with ds they said that if there was any kind of problem (high risk) I would be called within a week and if there wasn't I'd receive a letter. I was low risk and got the letter around 10ish days after the test. My friend got a high risk probability and was called within a couple of days to arrange amnio/discuss options etc. I would say that no news is good news op. It must be hard hearing nothing though.

Bustherb Tue 20-Jan-15 20:26:40

Thanks for replying. I know in my head that no news is good news but I can't help but think there's still something wrong. I think it's the uncertainty and the unknown. Hopefully I'll hear soon. Thanks for your reply grin xx

NickyEds Tue 20-Jan-15 21:07:46

I couldn't have the NT test done last week when I went for my scan as the baby wouldn't co operate so they couldn't measure it and I was too far along to go back. This meant that I had the quad blood test today. I was asking when i could expect the results and the mw said that they do them 3 times a week so if there's something wrong I'll know by the end of the week-very reassuring after getting totally stressed about not getting it done last week!
Try not to worry I'm sure all's well.

SilverStars Tue 20-Jan-15 21:08:51

Great they so slow - of they contact you quickly it is due to a problem ( here by phonecall), sadly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: