Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

hyperemesis.....would a drip help?

(7 Posts)
weelamb123 Tue 20-Jan-15 15:30:42

I'm still suffering terrible with hyperemesis and 14 weeks. Have been taking anti sickness meds but some days I'm still sick. Today has been a particularly bad day. Haven't held anything down. Been seeing doctor and she signed me off work but maybe I should speak to a midwife? What do think? Xx

Hellohellohowareyou Tue 20-Jan-15 15:37:25

YES! It's the only thing that helped me when the anti sickness tablets didn't. They would probably also give you anti sickness jabs.

weelamb123 Tue 20-Jan-15 16:05:32

Thank you

3rdbump Wed 21-Jan-15 09:56:52

Definitely!
I Had HG with my last pregnancy & my first pregnancy (although been very sick this time round again i managed to avoid hospital) all the times i was admitted i felt better after an hour or so on the drip.
Hope it lifts for you soon, theres nothing worse sad

GooodMythicalMorning Wed 21-Jan-15 10:02:35

Yes. Only thing that helped me too. Couldn't even keep water down at one point.

paintchartjoy Wed 21-Jan-15 22:57:41

Hiya. I was admitted to hospital 3 times in 2 weeks with my first mostly cos of dehydration. They also pumped me full of intravenous anti-sickness which were the only thing that stopped the vomiting. If you need help persuading anyone to take you seriously, you can buy ketone strips for testing urine which will show up if the anti-sickness drugs aren't doing enough to keep your fluids up. Really hope you start to fell better soon

lunar1 Wed 21-Jan-15 23:03:38

Yes, it worked wonders for me. I had them at home and used to have an overnight drip every night. I'd have had to remain in hospital otherwise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: