Advanced search

I could actually cry over this.

(16 Posts)
FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 20-Jan-15 03:50:42

I'm really struggling with pregnancy insomnia. On a good night I get 4-5 hours sleep, on a bad night 1-2. Tonight is a bad night. I'm so so tired and frustrated, I could cry.

I try to nap in the day but it's not always possible and I have a very active 17 month old to entertain and lug around. DH is out of the house 12 hours a day.

I actually feel like I'll get more sleep overall when the new baby is here!

There's no solution to this problem. It's 4am and I've been lying in bed for 5 hours and I'm pissed off.

JontyDoggle37 Tue 20-Jan-15 03:54:40

Sat here feeling the exact same, you are not alone. Although not helped tonight by my DH rolling over in bed and clobbering me with his elbow, and then repeatedly snoring loudly on his back - I keep pushing him over into his side and he keeps rolling back. If he carries on, he's going to get a harder shove that will take him right out of bed! grin
I usually find getting up for a bit and doing something helps me then get back to sleep when I do go back to bed....

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 20-Jan-15 04:03:02

Oh god I kicked my DH out weeks ago. He's in the cold, dark attic room. Sleeping like a log, the bastard.

You sound remarkable good humoured. Where can I get done if that from?

FFS now I can hear DS waking up. Why does life hate me?!

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 20-Jan-15 04:04:06

Remarkably* and *some of that. See how tired I am.. angrysad

nida1 Tue 20-Jan-15 05:35:33

Hi do I knw De meaning of DH?

WhatAHooHa Tue 20-Jan-15 05:48:13

I found stone of the techniques from my hypnobirthing cd usually helped me wind down enough to get back to sleep

WhatAHooHa Tue 20-Jan-15 05:48:58

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 20-Jan-15 08:56:20

Two bastarding hours I got last night.

Dogsmom Tue 20-Jan-15 09:00:05

Have you had your iron levels checked? I had insomnia and funny turns then routine bloods showed my iron was borderline low.
I started taking iron tablets and was back to sleeping within a few nights.

ToddlingAlong1 Tue 20-Jan-15 10:23:15

I am only 18 weeks and haven't had more than a few hours broken sleep a night for a good week. Starting to get grumpy which is not like me, but am normally such a good sleeper. Have also kicked the OH out as his snoring drove me nuts! Hope this doesn't last through pregnancy. Poor baby probably feels like it is on a rollercoaster, with all the tossing and turning I am doing through the night. hmm

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Tue 20-Jan-15 11:08:49

I am anaemic yes, but already on iron tablets. Levels are rising but very slowly. However they are just high enough now that a home birth has been approved so they must be alright.

Toddling, I hope it doesn't last for you. It has for me sad

NotAQueef Tue 20-Jan-15 17:48:17

No advice but can totally empathise. Am 34+3 and don't think I had more than a handful of decent nights' sleeps since being pregnant. It's miserable. Comforting myself that will hopefully get better quality of sleep with newborn (albeit stil broken) as this is what happened last time.
I blame the bastarding 1.5hrly pee stops which produce a mere thinpmble full of wee despite convincing me I am about to wet myself. That and the crazy dreams.

Jaffakake Tue 20-Jan-15 18:17:49

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Nytol is ok during pregnancy - check with your Dr though. Might just be enough to get your body clock back to where it usually is.

I'm finding I have to avoid tv, tablets etc for about an hour before bed for it to improve my sleep. We're often in seperate bedrooms too, if it's not him snoring (quite usual), it's me!

beth1987 Tue 20-Jan-15 18:53:09

I sleep in a nest of clean clothes on the bed room floor. It is very comfy when the bed is not. Have not had it bad though just a bit of reflux and just struggling to get comfy now (am 37 weeks) also some back/rib pain. Also for some reason sleep on any floor well. I don't know if this is any use or I am just weird

NanoNinja Tue 20-Jan-15 18:56:56

I haven't had insomnia too badly, but a friend did. She spoke to her doctor who was happy to prescribe sleeping pills of some kind, not sure whether natural or not. She basically took them for a couple of days and that was all that was necessary to break the cycle. Maybe worth asking?

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Wed 21-Jan-15 00:37:39

I like the idea of you sleeping in a clothes nest on the floor, beth. It's like you're a cat trying to find a safe place to have her kittens!

I've deliberately stayed up late tonight in the hope that I'll be tired enough to get to sleep. Wish me luck, hope you all have a good sleep too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now