Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Skin changing colour

(2 Posts)
Chickenfillets Mon 19-Jan-15 21:05:12

I'm 24 week pg and earlier today my mum noticed that the palms of my hands we're very red and speckley, I didn't think much of it and ignored it. But Iv just noticed my thighs and bump are a weird red/purple dark colour. It seems to keep going and coming. I thought I noticed it on my thighs a few days ago but just thought it was the lighting of the room. When I press on the skin it goes white then takes a while to get back to it's normal colour. Does this sound like something I should be worried about?

blackwidow74 Mon 19-Jan-15 22:31:03

I was told by my gp the red palms was a sign of constipation :/ ... as for the thighs/bump I have no idea but think you should ask midwife or gp to take a look ... It could be to do with increased blood flow nearer the surface of the skin as it stretches but since it's unusual enough to make you wonder I would make an appointment just to put your mind at rest smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: