Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

please advise, tmi but painful

(5 Posts)
sleepy2kp Mon 19-Jan-15 19:01:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepy2kp Mon 19-Jan-15 19:03:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Unidentifieditem Mon 19-Jan-15 19:05:55

Are you in London? If so try Nick potter at the London spine clinic. He fixed my logament pain with very gentle manipulation. Belts can help but will make the pelvis reliant on the support- which makes it really tough when you remove it. Do try an osteopath (not a woo chiropractor) who should be able to help and also advise on movements to avoid

Pregnantagain7 Mon 19-Jan-15 20:41:18

Is it definitely ligament pain? Sounds like it could be the start of spd. I had it with dc3 it was awful you have my sympathy. Maybe ask your midwife to refer you for some physio?

2015isgoingtobeBIG Mon 19-Jan-15 21:03:17

I'm 22 weeks with twins and have had ligament pain since around the same time as you. I was fobbed off a bit by the professionals saying "it's to be expected" and it was only when I got to Christmas barely able to walk that I asked for the referral to physio....and was given an appointment a month later. My advice is ask for the referral now. I have taken to avoiding taking the stairs (up and down), alternating between sitting, standing and walking during the day (staying in any position for too long is uncomfortable), I have slept with a regular pillow sideways between my legs ever since it started which is one thing I found made a definite difference, and the yoga teacher I've just found advised me to keep my knees together when I do things like turn in bed or get out of a car. I'm on my feet all day for work....or at least I should be....but have now cut back completely and am going to finish work at 28 weeks using leave to get me to 31/32. The pain hasn't ever gone away and I won't lie, some days I still struggle to walk on the way home but I have adapted and got used to it...I just get frustrated by the lack of activity I can do.
Good luck getting it sorted-don't delay and let me know if you find anything that works
X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: