Talk

Advanced search

People staring

(5 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Sun 18-Jan-15 17:47:09

Hi everyone,

I'm 37 weeks pregnant on Tuesday with my first baby and decided to brave the cold and meet up with a friend I haven't seen for a few years at spitalfields market. It was a lovely leisurely day, spent mostly having lunch and stopping off for a couple of hot chocolates on the way smile but I really felt a bit self conscious because people were just literally staring at my bump. I'm petite so I think my bump looks bigger anyway but I did feel a bit sad for some reason. Almost like I should be at home locked up in my room or something. I just found people's reactions a bit bizarre.

Apart from that I'm thoroughly enjoying my time off before my daughter arrives grin xx

rosedavo Sun 18-Jan-15 21:55:02

People might not have been thinking that, i remember when a colleague of mine was pregnant and i kept looking at her bump but all i thought was wow she looks great x

ABottleOfWhiteRum Sun 18-Jan-15 21:59:24

when i look at people's bumps I am normally just feeling broody and envious. you have to try not to take things negatively (good practice for once baby comes and other people look at you when you are breastfeeding/bottle feeding baby)

ProfessorPickles Sun 18-Jan-15 22:02:01

Definitely positive thoughts whenever I look at someone pregnant!
I can't help but look and feel envious and wish it was me smile

I'd always be pregnant if I could, I've never felt so comfortable in my own skin before!

Christmasbargainshopper Sun 18-Jan-15 22:05:39

I'm probably bad for staring as I have found myself looking at a bump, then disappearing into thoughts of envy, remembrance, thank god it's not me again ;) Then realise I am still staring. smilegrin

Plus I still have a weird fascination about how every other pregnant person I have ever met, manages to dress better than I did during pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: