Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pelvic pain??

(5 Posts)
LG1979 Sun 18-Jan-15 17:28:48

I'm 17 weeks and today have just started feeling pelvic pain if walking/standing for a length of time. Also had kneeled down on the floor for something and my pelvic bone was really painful! Is this normal ladies??

happybunny2014 Sun 18-Jan-15 17:35:28

Its worth mentioning to your midwife when you next see them unless it gets worse in which case see them or your gp who can advise what's best to do. I had it with my dd and have it again in this pregnancy and im nearly 20 weeks now was always more a nuisance pain than seriously bad but it can become bad in some women. If you're at all worried by it mention it to someone in the know smile

LG1979 Sun 18-Jan-15 17:43:06

I have my 20 wk scan on 13th Feb and don't see my midwife until 4 weeks after that. If it gets any worse I'll see the gp but if it's quite common and doesn't get much worse I'll hang off til the scan appt. Hopefully that'll be ok.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 19-Jan-15 14:01:23

Have a look online for 'PGP' (pelvic girdle pain) - there is some good advice about positions/ways of moving to support your pelvis....

e.g. www.babycentre.co.uk/a564618/pelvic-girdle-pain-pgp

fattymcfatfat Mon 19-Jan-15 14:28:25

Or its sometimes called spd symphisis pubis dysfunction. It can get quite bad if not dealt with. I wasnt diagnosed until late in my last pregnancy and have suffrred ever since as I did not get the help and support required. I would advise being seen soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: