Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

baby kicks - how do I know?

(5 Posts)
comeagainforbigfudge Sun 18-Jan-15 12:46:27

So I've had lots of fluttery/bubbly feelings in past few weeks.

Last night though I turned over in bed and next thing I felt a "twinge" for want of a better word just left of my belly button. Except it was more painful than a twinge and pain took a good 5 minutes to subside.

Just wonder if this was a kick or muscles moving as I turned. It was in one spot only though!

I'm 20 weeks just. Am I having a "wishful thinking" moment?

blackwidow74 Sun 18-Jan-15 13:21:30

That sounds like a ligament that runs aon each side of your navel ... an unintentional twist of the body can pull on it and cause pain through it stretching ... and it gets worse with each week!!

Not long now and you will get your proper kicks smile at first it will feel like someone flicking or tapping you inside ... you will definitely know it when you feel it smile

comeagainforbigfudge Sun 18-Jan-15 13:26:02

Ah okay. That's what I thought. But cause it was one specific spot I got all wishful thinking.

Impatience breaking through a wee bit.

Thanks for replying

blackwidow74 Sun 18-Jan-15 13:33:23

I was the same ... 6th time for me and this time has been the latest I've had to wait to feel movement at 21 weeks ... and even now at 26 I gave days I feel nothing! I hope this next week is your week ... smile

sleepybee Sun 18-Jan-15 14:29:53

Once you feel it, it won't stop! So enjoy the peace while you can

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: