Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

phsyco bitch!

(19 Posts)
D0nnaO Sun 18-Jan-15 12:04:40

I'm 25 weeks today with my first & appear to have turned into someone that I don't recognise. I'm usually really laid back but I've found myself snapping at the slightest thing lately & poor DH is getting it all in the neck sad

Anyone else feeling like this/is it normal or am I just being an irrational screaming banshee for nothing?

WilsonWilsonWoman Sun 18-Jan-15 15:50:18

23 weeks and noticing this in the past few days. sad

leanne963 Sun 18-Jan-15 16:02:50

YUP!!! Someone told me earlier that what i thought was wrong and i wanted to cry. It is my bloody opinion, do not tell a pregnant woman 'Oh no, you are wrong' arghhhhhh

22 weeks today!

fattymcfatfat Sun 18-Jan-15 16:33:40

Im 12 weeks with my third....we all turn into crazy raving mentals.....been there done that and doing it all again. Its perfectly normal....its also perfectly normal to break down into fkoods of tears at the slightest thing and to worry too much etc etc. So yeah we are all banshees and theres nothing anyone can do to stop us!

fattymcfatfat Sun 18-Jan-15 16:34:30

Dont know why that says 12 im 14 haha

D0nnaO Sun 18-Jan-15 18:20:33

thanks for your replies, glad I'm not the only one!

rosedavo Sun 18-Jan-15 21:52:21

Im 18 weeks, and i just feel like things that angered me before actually drive me crazy now, like i really could punch someone in the face if they said anything to rile me up!

fattymcfatfat Sun 18-Jan-15 22:07:30

I know that feeling! Usually when looking at the ex grin

wokeupwithasmile Sun 18-Jan-15 22:38:50

During my first pregnancy I had a fight with the mailman and a very massive man in a shop. I thought I was been very aggressive, but little did I know. I am 32 weeks now with my second, and I am ready to punch everyone in the face. I told dh I have pregnancy rage, but what if it does not go away after the pregnancy? During my first pregnancy I was so proud of how calm and careless I was, and wondered whether ds would be the same. Am I going to have a very aggressive baby this time, then??? ;)

shelley1977 Mon 19-Jan-15 12:57:57

I remember feeling like a crazy woman with my youngest so, not so bad when I had my youngest daughter though. Having a boy again and noticed Im again a lot more up and down especially first 24 weeks then calmed a bit. 30 weeks now and im struggling again not so much getting angry but really sensitive.

fattymcfatfat Mon 19-Jan-15 13:31:07

Baby wont be aggressive. I was angrier in my first preg and my ds is soo laid back its unbelievable. Even as a baby he was very chilled and happy

Missymum6 Mon 19-Jan-15 14:25:32

Recently found out im expecting again my oh said "I'm going to have to move out if your as crazy as you were the last time" lol!! I found myself looking for things to have a go at him about poor sod lol

Teeste Mon 19-Jan-15 14:28:35

Totally - laughing at the least little thing but equally being annoyed at stuff I'd normally take in my stride.

The next time some bugger who doesn't have kids tells me how to bring up mine/what to do or not do in pregnancy, I may not be able to restrain myself from unleashing the Hulk.

Gudgyx Mon 19-Jan-15 16:00:37

YES!!! My OH is doing my head in, everything he does annoys me. I want to hit him with a jaggy stick

LittleGreyCatwithapinkcollar Mon 19-Jan-15 20:44:32

I'm managing to keep my emotions under control most of the time (I'm a teacher so have to be calm!) but since I got pregnant (currently 29 weeks) I have found my MIL utterly unbearable! Like I actually can't stand to be in a room with her! Totally irrational I'm sure but very very real!

ChickenMe Mon 19-Jan-15 20:49:23

LittleGrey I was thinking the same re MIL and was going to post earlier. She's nice but is winding me up sooooo much. I feel bad even saying it because she wouldn't hurt a fly but she's just too excited. Give it a rest! Is that what yours is doing?

Yes I think I have a split personality. OH chewing sends me over the edge. Five minutes later I'm all wistful about a blackhead remover I bought the last time the two of us went to our regular place in Spain and nearly had a tear.

ChickenMe Mon 19-Jan-15 20:50:14

I'm 29w as well so hopefully we are normal Grey!

LittleGreyCatwithapinkcollar Mon 19-Jan-15 21:39:49

Mine's exactly the same. So fussy because she's excited (her first grandchild and DH is 40 so she's been waiting a while) but I'm too laid back for it all!

ChickenMe Mon 19-Jan-15 22:48:44

Haha we have the same MIL. She thinks I'm going to come to some sort of grief if I do anything. Eg catching a train, going to work, exercising, eating a prawn..seriously annoying because you feel infantilised. I'm in my 30s and have travelled, lived abroad etcconfused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: