Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When did you hear heartbeat?

(12 Posts)
writtengems Sat 17-Jan-15 19:47:28

When did everyone first see the yolk sac and hear their baby's heartbeat? I'm only 5 weeks but had my first scan today due to severe abdominal pain and they couldn't see anything in the gestational sac or hear heart beat which sonographer said was normal at this time. I then had my third blood test and my HCG levels were at 3500 (has been doubling normally) but Nurse called to say they should have seen something in scan with HCG levels that high so my pregnancy might not be viable. Next blood test on Monday but now am panicking!

Beggy15 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:48:57

Some people hear it at 5 weeks some have to wait up to week 8 it depends. I won't hear mine till week 12 (if everything goes well) because nowhere can fit me in for a private reassurance scan.

MsRyanGosling Sat 17-Jan-15 19:49:27

6w5d could just make out a flickering HB but I don't know what my blood levels were.

5 weeks is really early I think to see anything.

flowers

bellaboo88 Sat 17-Jan-15 20:25:36

I didn't see anything more than sac/yolk sac when I was 5w. No follow up scan either...I had further bleeding but preferred to wait & see than go for another dildo scan. Beans only literally a dot at that stage.

Try not to worry too much. My invisible heart beat less bean is nearly 36w & kicking me to death!

kaybug Sat 17-Jan-15 22:45:58

8 weeks - i could see the flashing heartbeat on the ultrasound. Sending positive vibes your way. xx

sleepybee Sat 17-Jan-15 22:47:23

My midwife told me at 16 week appointment they don't attempt to listen as it's still so small it's hard to locate. I finally heard it for the first time at 24 weeks

sleepybee Sat 17-Jan-15 22:47:59

I saw the HB at my 12 & 20 weeks scan tho.

misseskimo Sat 17-Jan-15 23:47:54

I haven't heard the hb on mine yet and I'm 15+6. My hospital doesn't seem to do that. I have however had 4 scans (due to illness) one each at 6, 8, 11 and 13wks and SAW the hb on the screen on all. Was clearly visible at both 6 and 8wks. But I think it also depends on both the sonographer and the equipment their using as the first three scans I had were done at the EPU and all three were really clear pictures and hb was really visible within a few mibs, but my 12wk scan at the mw centre was another story - took her almost an hour with me drinking more/letting some out/jiggling around to get a good image on the screen and check everything, and actually the scan I had at 11wks is a lot clearer than the 13wk one! So fx for you I hope all is ok and you just had an inexperienced sonographer or crappy system used that day thanks

D0nnaO Sun 18-Jan-15 09:10:07

7 weeks at a private scan & then at the 16 week midwife appointment. saw the heartbeat at 12 week scan but they didn't let us hear anything

Beggy15 Sun 18-Jan-15 09:16:14

I'm so jealous of everyone getting private scans no one around here can fit me in until the week of my 12 week scan so seems pointless sad

BalancingStick Sun 18-Jan-15 12:28:14

I had heavy bleeding at 5 and 6 weeks. Could see the gestational sac and yolk sac at 5 weeks. Didn't see the heartbeat until 7 weeks. At 10 weeks could see legs, arms and hands. At 5 weeks everything is so tiny - at 7/8 weeks they have a much better idea of what is going on. Really hope it works out for you. xx

Tranquilitybaby Sun 18-Jan-15 14:21:46

Saw it on a scan at 6 weeks, heard it during a scan at 10+2 and with a Doppler at 16 weeks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: