Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic tests

(8 Posts)
Moon84 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:34:04

Just after a bit of support really, and to see if anyone has been through anything similar. spent the night in the gyncology ward last night after being taken to a&e by work colleagues with sharp pains in one side of my stomach and bleeding. Had blood and urine tests and was put on a drip, then had to have a smear test and then be examined internally. Then told I would have to stay the night to be observed and would have a scan to see if sac was positioned in the right place and would need surgery if not. Luckily the internal scan showed the yoke sac in my uterus and a tiny dot the doctor thought was a fetus, no heartbeat though so need to go back next week.
Am home now but feeling exhausted and a bit emotionally drained and still feeling cramps (not severe) in my abdomen... I'm so glad to be home and not being prodded at but also scared somethings been missed as I'm still feeling slight pain. Also if the fetus can be seen should it definitely have a heartbeat at this dtage? The Dr didn't seem too concerned and said everything matched up with my hcg levels.
Just wondered if anyone is or has experienced anything similar? Not sure if I am being a drama queen but I don't think I can handle going to work on Monday and explaining why I had to sudddenly leave!

Beggy15 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:42:48

How far along are you

Moon84 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:45:07

Oh yeah forgot to say, 6 weeks

Beggy15 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:50:01

Sometimes a heart beat cannot be detected till week 7/8/9 try and relax.

addictedtosugar Sat 17-Jan-15 19:54:00

At 6 weeks, there is a chance to see a HB, but you can still have a healthy pregnancy and no hb at that point.
Sounds like ectopic has been ruled out, but if you suffer a recurrence, please go back to A&E.
It may be worth self certing on Monday if your still struggling. Abdominal problems got me through most people following my Ectopic. Most assumed appendicitis, and I think only one guessed (and mentioned it).
FX its good news next week, and your getting lovely newborn snuggles in 9 months time.

Moon84 Mon 19-Jan-15 08:27:46

Thanks for your help and sorry to hear you had an ectopic addictedtosugar.
Am hoping for good news next week as Ive got constant mild pains and keep checking for blood and started to convince myself that I am just waiting for a miscarriage to happen sad

addictedtosugar Mon 19-Jan-15 08:51:54

Are you going to be OK at work today? Or have you called in?
I conceived my 2 beautiful boys post ectopic and tube removal, so while iot felt like the end of the world at the time, everything worked out OK.

Moon84 Mon 19-Jan-15 09:00:12

Ah that's really great news, and thanks for your advice.
My manager found out what had happened on Friday as a work colleague had to take me to a&e so she's being very understanding. I think I just need 1 more day to relax a bit then I will hopefully be back to normal tomorrow, plus that will make the time go quicker before my scan next Monday! Just petrified something will happen at work again but I can't stay in bed forever!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: