Advanced search

bleeding at 17wk

(6 Posts)
miki100 Sat 17-Jan-15 15:31:53

Hi all, I had quite a lot of brownish bleeding at 15wk and the scan revealed that I had a small clot above my cervix and that it would clear. 2 weeks on and I am still bleeding, sometimes it's brown, sometimes pink and sometimes looks red with small stringy bits in. I have been told by my midwife and the consultant that there is nothing they can do and it's just a matter of waiting to see whether it affects the baby or not. I have really bad health anxiety and I am constantly panicking and can't enjoy the pregnancy. I keep thinking I'll miscarry any minute and what makes it worse is that I never even had a spot of bleed with my first one. The consultant also said that they have no idea why I'm bleeding, as it's a bit too much for a 2cm clot they found on my 15wk scan. Every morning I don't find any bleed I get my hopes up only for it to start again few hours later. I am hoping there are some of you out there that had a similar experience where everything worked out well. If so I'd really appreciate it if you shared this with me, I don't want to start googling in case I find loads of horror stories. Thanks a lot

Tipsykisses Sat 17-Jan-15 15:37:21

Hi op ,
Sorry to hear that you are going through this,it is awful !

My good result is sitting downstairs as we speak ,a very happy healthy 7 year old !!

I bled all the way through on him with no reason ever found & as I had previously miscarried I was worried all the way through .

Google is not your friend when you are worried about this but your maternity unit is & I would go for a check up to put your mind at ease , I was never turned away from mine .

miki100 Sat 17-Jan-15 15:50:34

thanks you tipsykisses for your reply, it's good to know it all worked out well for you. I keep going to maternity and they always say the baby is ok. They also tested for UTI but all came back fine. It's just so hard just sitting back knowing there isn't much they can do, plus all the heavy lifting of my 2 year old that I do isn't helping but I have no alternative.

leanne963 Sat 17-Jan-15 15:52:00

So sorry Miki I really feel for you! I suffer from anxiety so constantly worry and feel like I am worrying about something going wrong any minute. Like tipsy, I suffered a MC and it can really ruin your confidence as far as pregnancy is concerned. I am currently 22 weeks and have had spotting and bleeding throughout!! It's really hard to know what is causing it and I haven't had a diagnosis either.

Definitely don't Google, It's never good! I'm sure everything is all ok and I understand it is hard to relax, soon you will feel movements and this will help you know everything is going well!!

Tipsykisses Sat 17-Jan-15 17:44:07

They are not being helpful by saying there is nothing they can do .
They should understand how worrying it is !

Keep an eye on the bleeding & if it increases or you get any pain then go back ,don't be put off if you feel something is not right .

I was told brownish blood was old so ok but bright blood or an increase in bleeding needed checking ,I'm not sure if that's changed .

Have you spoken to your community midwife ? They are normally very good .

I hope it all settles down for you & you start to enjoy your pregnancy x

miki100 Sat 17-Jan-15 18:12:28

thank you for your replies, I feel a bit better knowing that I am not alone in this, and I will certainly not be googling and will be contacting maternity if things get worse.
Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now