Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Another question about hospital bag

(9 Posts)
JennyBlueWren Fri 16-Jan-15 20:11:51

How many changes of clothes should I pack for baby?

sleepybee Fri 16-Jan-15 20:17:04

Think 3 of everything - I'm sure that's what I've read. Then if you need to stay longer then your family could bring more things to you?

Lazymummy2014 Fri 16-Jan-15 20:21:28

If you have space it would be useful to have three of everything in newborn size and then one of everything in the next size up. Just in case you have a big baby!

PolyesterBride Fri 16-Jan-15 20:35:05

I think at least five vests and five babygrows if you can fit them in. Babies puke and poo all over everything almost instantly!

Artandco Fri 16-Jan-15 20:39:07

3 of everything also. Both mine were wrapped in hospital blanket the first 4/5 hours anyway. Then home next morning.

If you are putting third change on you can always send someone home to get spares. And hospitals have if you run out

HoggleHoggle Fri 16-Jan-15 20:39:42

As much as you can fit grin

Seriously, I think I took 3 sleep suits and we went through then in the first 12 hours. It just takes a bit of sick, wee, poo etc and it's a full change. Especially in those first few hours where it's all so new!

I was only in for 24 hours after birth but dh had to bring in more clothes for ds.

I would say 5 sleep suits and vests. And plenty of muslins too.

JennyBlueWren Fri 16-Jan-15 20:42:12

Gosh -that's a lot more than I'd thought. Thanks!
As we live over an hour away I think I'd better just pack a lot. I did notice the WRVS shop does have clothes though if it came to it.

September60b Sat 17-Jan-15 02:28:56

I would go with at least 5 too as you never know how long you will be kept in. I was in for just over 24 hrs and DD was sick over most of them! Muslin cloths came in useful for that reason too.

Dogsmom Sat 17-Jan-15 12:02:47

I took 3 of each and only used the 1 vest and sleepsuit as we were only in for 8 hours after she was born and she wasn't a sicky baby, I'm packing 3 again this time just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: