Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mokee baby products

(11 Posts)
sleepybee Fri 16-Jan-15 18:29:18

Hi wondering if anyone has used this company before? We are thinking of getting the cot in the Aqua colour. It's the same size/features as the ikea gulliver cot

http://en.mokee.eu/baby-infant-cheap-cot-cot-bed-crib-cosleeper-scandinavian-minimalist-120-x-60-cm-5-colours-white-grey-blue-pink-brown.html

TouchPauseEngage Sat 17-Jan-15 18:26:10

I haven't OP but I love the grey one. Hope someone comes along who has!

sleepybee Sun 18-Jan-15 07:35:38

I've ordered a bedding set as it will fit the ikea cot too & think I'm just going to go for it and will order the Aqua cot next month. Love that when baby is older & not using the cot it can be used as a little sofa thing filled with cushions. I found the company on Instagram

avocadotoast Sun 18-Jan-15 09:59:09

Ooh I'm glad to see this as we've been looking at them too. The only reviews I can find are from bloggers who've been sent samples to try so it's difficult to get a clear unbiased view!

I think we're going to get the cot though, probably in stone teal; it looks gorgeous.

We're also pretty set on the wool nest they're bringing out, but it is expensive. But then the cot is quite reasonably priced, so between the two the cost might balance out somewhat...

kcheverton Thu 12-Feb-15 19:00:50

Was looking at the wool nest and love it! Would you have a hard time finding fitted sheets for the mattress as it seems to be a custom size?

PoseyParker Thu 12-Feb-15 20:02:43

I bought a Mokee cot in Grey in 2013
For my son. Took a while to come and looks a bit like the cheap ikea cot painted grey. The colour is nice and it does the job I wanted it to (I'm obsessed with grey interiors!) but it's not super sturdy. Now my nipper is almost ready for a junior bed and I've painted an old pine one the same colour (see, obsessed with Grey!). Overall, I'd recommend them. A good range of colours and nice Scandinavian feel. Just not super sturdy and you have to take the whole thing apart to move the mattress up or down which is a faff. My nipper is 20 months and there's still lots of room to grow (only moving him out because number two is imminent. Hope that helps

PoseyParker Thu 12-Feb-15 20:04:44

Ps we got a standard size mattress from Little Green Sheep. Really easy and fits perfectly. I forget what size it is but I'm sure it's not too hard to find out.

moKeeteam Sat 21-Feb-15 13:32:55

Hi All,

I am the founder @moKee and thought it might be useful to answer some of the questions on this thread.

@poseyparker: Many Thanks for your feedback.

1- The moKee mini is usually seen as a quite sturdy cot, we use birchwood vs Pine ( we hate pinewood tbh as it is a soft wood and doesn't give the minimalistic sleep finish when used with water based paint), birch is also a heavier more solid wood than pine so really should have been sturdy, would love to hear more feedback on that as we want t make sure all our cots are solid. Maybe message me directly with details.

2- On the changing level front, Thank you for the feedback i have passed it to our product dev team. Hopefully one doesn't need to change the levels too often and it takes around 10 min to change levels from my experience, (I use 2 moKee mini for my own kids :-)

3- The moKee mini cot mattress size is a standard 120 x 60 cm.

@ kcheverton , Glad to hear you love our Wool Nest:-) Yes you are right, the mattress size is pretty custom, you might be able to find fitted sheet on the market that fit it somehow but couldn't advise on any brand. The mattress size is L70cm W35cm D2.5cm. We are looking to launch other fitted sheet options ( to be sold together or separately) in the next 4-6 weeks ( plain colours etc...)

@avocadotoast, the wool nest is definitely a premium product. Natural Wool felt is a very expensive raw material and we have done everything we could to keep the price down to an affordable level without having to source it in asia. If it was sold through traditional retail channels ( with loads of intermediaries) it would likely cost in the range of £200-£250.
We are running a promo for £10 off the wool nest until mid march with code WOOLNEXT50.

I hope those info help and that I have answered all your questions. We pride our self on listening to our customer feedback and constantly improve our products and service so we can disrupt the nursery industry step by step :-)

Should you have any specific questions or feedback on our products, ideas etc...please drop me a line directly sam@mokee.eu ( please cc our support team tlc@mokee.eu just in case)

Best Regards

Samuel Serra
moKee

Rcms12345 Tue 07-Apr-15 22:48:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kulikova Mon 10-Apr-17 14:43:49

Hi !

I found this old thread today . I was thinking of buying this cot as i like minimalistic style plus it has painted with non toxic paint and made of natural wood . But having read this thread thinking maybe I should not . My daughter is moving a lot in her chicco next to me cot and she was almost 10kg at 6 months (she is 7 now). So I am worried about safety as it's not sturdy enough . Could you advise since you used it for a bit . I know you said you would still recommend it but maybe your baby was not as wiggly ?

kulikova Mon 10-Apr-17 14:44:53

Oh yes and plus mattresses adjustment if too complicated I would rather not go for it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now