Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

this week I have been mostly eating...

(23 Posts)
ponyponypony Fri 16-Jan-15 14:38:58

BEIGE!!!! hmm

Oh good lord, I'm only 6weeks preg and I have been consumed by the desire known as MEGACARBITIS.

I fancied a spot of lunch and was met by a sea of green goodness in our fridge. So what did I do? That's right, I just just raided our 'camping box' to find a squashed up packet of macaroni cheese and some super noodles. blush

The nearest I've been to pasta in the last 2 years is courgetti - give me another 8 months and I'll be giving Moby Dick a run for his money. :'(

This gets better, no?

Teeste Fri 16-Jan-15 15:01:30

I went through two weeks of not being able to get enough spaghetti at about week 10-12. I can still face-plant in the stuff now at 18 weeks. Although currently, there are not enough Pink Lady apples in the world, the delicious crispy little buggers.

Yes, it does get better eventually, just go with it smile

Cherryblossom200 Fri 16-Jan-15 15:41:34

I went through exactly the same thing in the 1st trimester. I just didn't feel like anything healthy at all, I just wanted carbs. Bread, pasta, potatoes in whatever unhealthy form. I adored pastries. Then 2nd trimester I went back to healthy eating, and now at 36 + 3 I'm pretty much eating ANYTHING. I'm just hungry all the time again. I've just had a bowl of cereal at 3.00.

sleepybee Fri 16-Jan-15 19:04:18

All baby wants are clementines, banana sandwiches or tuna mayo sandwiches

dillydollydarling Fri 16-Jan-15 19:04:46

I'd say, eat what you can now! When I ws 3 or 4 weeks pregnant I was eating so much food! For the past 3 weeks I've really been suffering and can barely eat anything. All I've been wanting is crisps.

Mummytogoldie Fri 16-Jan-15 19:09:45

Hot cross buns smothered in butter mmmmmm

BumWad Fri 16-Jan-15 22:16:12

14 weeks here and still on beige.

Bread, crackers, dry cereal, chips and cheese.

Yup that's pretty much it.

Meplusyouequals4 Fri 16-Jan-15 22:41:56

prawn cocktail crisp sandwiches. is my main thing now. In 35 weeks smile

teejayem Fri 16-Jan-15 22:52:10

20 weeks and I am still in love with pastry, but now also pineapple...

Nottalotta Sat 17-Jan-15 16:22:42

I usually avoid carbs, but I have been having bread, pasta, rice, potato, CRISPS!!! 11 + 3 today and have lost 2lbs! Plenty of nausea but only vommed once.

TheEagle Sat 17-Jan-15 16:25:01

Why are Pink Lady apples so amazing!

In fact I will go and eat one right now.

Beige foods kept me alive for the first 14 weeks or so grin

Teeste Sat 17-Jan-15 19:52:49

Pink Lady apples are the crack of the fruit world!

FreeButtonBee Sat 17-Jan-15 19:56:23

Its crisp central here. Has to be really heavy on the vinegar salt and vinegar ones. None of your walkers shit. Although managed to find some tayto today. Result!! Was delighted. Otherwise yes lots of carbs. Carbs with carbs followed by carbs. Interestingly sweet tooth has vanished entirely

Memphisbelly Sat 17-Jan-15 20:03:32

Mine for first few months were crisp sandwiches, hula hoops, mug shots (noodles or pasta) I never ever eat bread or crisps normally, I then went through a healthy stage of fruit, veg and fish and now at 39 weeks I eat lots of jelly and carbs although carbs is on doctors orders....not that I am complaining grin

bubalou Sat 17-Jan-15 21:01:42

Just go with it. The best advice I can give from someone who has suffered from hyperemesis this time round and have had to deal with eating whatever my body wanted.

Obviously apart from the weeks I couldn't eat anything I've had some phases of strange.

Only wanting gravy based meals
Only being able to eat crisps
Not being able to eat anything hot
Not being able to eat anything that has a smell, even slightly.
Only eating marmite on toast.

At the moment at 20 weeks finally all I want is healthy food which is great! Just wanting fruit, carrot sticks, hummus, pita, olives etc. not even by a conscious choice.

Your body wants what it wants and of course yes when it allows we should make he choice to eat 'healthy' but little one will be ok. smile

dietcokeisgreat Sat 17-Jan-15 21:37:28

Everything.
I don't want to be a blob but can't resist!!

littleash789 Sun 18-Jan-15 02:00:13

Cheese. Cheese on everything. And orange juice. Am 28 weeks and it's only the last month or so I have managed to start with non beige foods again, lost so much weight vomming before that that I'm only now back to my pre preggo weight!

hestialou Sun 18-Jan-15 07:16:10

I am bemused by what I am eating, am quite fussy esp about meat, generally only eat chicken or fish, but currently loving beef, esp stews, which would never ever eat as a child, my mum thinks its hilarious after all the years of trying to get me to eat "comfort food" I finally am.

avocadotoast Sun 18-Jan-15 10:02:34

Yep, it'll probably get better.

My entire first trimester pretty much all I wanted was beige food. Crisps, Greggs pasties, McDonalds, pork pies... Nothing that took (in my mind) effort to prepare or eat.

I even bought white bread instead of brown because brown felt like too much effort hmm

I'm now 23 weeks and back on normal food (fruit, veg, etc). I was so relieved when I felt up to eating veg again! The only thing I haven't gone back to eating is bananas, but I was never that arsed for them anyway...

Beggy15 Sun 18-Jan-15 10:25:15

Special K is what I want need and must have ATM - at least it's fortified I suppose!

abbiebunn Sun 18-Jan-15 11:27:47

Lemon muffins from Costa. I need them!

bradders85 Sun 18-Jan-15 11:36:06

25w and for me it's crunchy nut cereal and glasses of fresh orange! smile

Tranquilitybaby Sun 18-Jan-15 12:00:55

Crumpets
Granary toast
Salt n vinegar crisps
Water & ice
Fuzzy jellies

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: