Talk

Advanced search

how old were your DC when they started to share a room?

(3 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Thu 15-Jan-15 19:47:30

DS1 is 2.5yo and in his own room. DS2 is 10 weeks and in with us.

There isn't enough room in DS1's current (box) room for the two of them, so the plan is to move them into the larger spare room, when DS2 is around 6mo.

DS1 still needs one of us to lie on his bedroom floor while he drops off (he's regressed since DS2 was born) and DS2 is bfed to sleep. Their current bedtimes are separate (DP and I do one of them each) but start at around the same time.

4 months is a long time, but at the moment I can't imagine the logistics of getting a 6mo and an almost 3yo to sleep in the same room, given that it's likely they'll both require different things to fall asleep.

What experience/tips have others had?

babyblabber Thu 15-Jan-15 20:03:57

Why not move DS1 into the bigger room and DS2 into the box room?

Our two have recently started sharing at 5 and 2.5 so that our box roo is free for number 3 soon but its it ideal. As cute as it is for them to share, if we'd space for a room for each child I defo do it to minimize them disrupting eachother.

BMO Thu 15-Jan-15 20:06:42

DS1 was 3.10 and DS2 was 3 months when they went in together. Initially DP would put DS1 to bed first and DS2 would be breastfed downstairs and go to bed later.

By about 6 months though DS2 was going to bed at 6.30pm and DS1 at 7pm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: