Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Silver Cross Pioneer and boot space dilemma!

(10 Posts)
ELA88 Thu 15-Jan-15 19:13:18

I have a mazda 2 which is pretty much the same size as a fiesta. We bought the Silver Cross Pioneer for baby due in March and it just does not fit in the boot! I am stubborn and refuse to change the pram, we had already decided months ago we would need a second car in the Summer due to DH changing job and will have a long commute therefore do any of you have any car recommendations?!
I quite like the Nissan Qashqai, don't want anything too big! Not a huge fan of C-max/ Zafira type cars though. But am completely clueless when it comes to cars! Any good family sized cars?

bellaboo88 Thu 15-Jan-15 19:31:23

Completely feel your pain!! I also have a pioneer but drive a ka& nothing fits in them lol! Partner has a dacia duster so naturally were swapping. I won't need his car daily as I intend to walk a lot.

Do like dacia, not flash nor trendy, tbh weve never seen anyone our own age driving them but cheap, fuel efficient & comfy, even for myself who's used to a little tiny ka!

nottheOP Thu 15-Jan-15 19:39:54

If you're planning on a couple of kids close together then something like a xsara Picasso is good as you can easily get 2 car seats and one other in the back.

Ford focus
Vauxhall astra
Mazda 3
Renault megane
Nissan juke/qashqai
audi a3
Vw golf
Seat Leon
Citroën c4
Toyota auris
Peugeot 308
Hyundai i30

There are loads! Go to a car supermarket to compare and buy elsewhere

weeblueberry Thu 15-Jan-15 20:17:04

My Uppababy JUST fit in the boot of my Yaris. It drove me nuts though because I couldn't get anything else in ie shopping.

Eventually we got a Skoda Octavia estate which fits everything in perfectly. We're due our second daughter in March and the Octavia easily fits two car seats with bases (one of which is a rear facing up to four years, so not small) and a double buggy. Pretty sure you'd get all that in a hatchback version too.

D0nnaO Thu 15-Jan-15 20:20:56

I've got a Mini Countryman & the Pioneer fits fine in my boot. I find it the perfect size - bigger but not "big big". Helps with it being a bit higher up too, makes it easier for getting baby in & out smile

ELA88 Thu 15-Jan-15 20:28:16

Do you think I would look like a right weirdo taking an empty pram round CarGiant just to see if it fits in boots?! My cousin has a focus and she can't fit the buggy in her boot! DH was talking about Dacia the other day as they had some good new year deals, might look at those too, thank you!

nottheOP Thu 15-Jan-15 20:45:57

Nope I think that's completely reasonable

Wineandchoccy Thu 15-Jan-15 23:16:52

We have bought the silver cross pioneer and it fits in my Qashqai and DH has an astra and it also fits in there as well.

Observer78 Fri 16-Jan-15 00:23:13

What do you look for in a car? Everybody's circumstances are different, some look for fuel efficiency, some for reliability, etc., combine that with your need for space and browse through What Car?
A garage warned me against French cars, but likewise I thought Volvo was the bees knees, until the negative comments were rolling in left, right, centre.

Ford Kuga scored 4-4'n'half stars out of 5 in reliability, safety. I think they look pretty smart as well, not too bad on fuel etc.

My colleague has gone through two Nissans (brand new Juke and Qashqai) both from the dealer, both had problems. But again - personal experience and preference.

I used to have a Ford and I cannot fault it, Prince Williams first car was a Focus so it can't be that bad! A few of my friends have it, they seem to go for years and not lose their appeal.

skyra13 Fri 16-Jan-15 08:21:40

I have a Citroen C2 Tiny boot we have brought a Britax affinity and I feel I will have the same problem! My husband has a Nissan Qashqai Its a lovely car and he has said if it does no fit in my car then I can use his and we swap.

I love my C2 its small for around town! But I wont argue with him if he wants to swap :P

You should defo look into the Qashqai I have not put my pram in yet but we have found it find for camping and so it can fit a lot in smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now