Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Screening Test-unable to do NT thickness

(5 Posts)
NickyEds Thu 15-Jan-15 12:04:47

I had my first scan this week and ,whilst everything seemed fine with the baby they were unable to do the NT thickness as baby wouldn't cooperate! I was 14 weeks exactly (various delays including having to wait 3 weeks for a mw booking in appointment and then Christmas interfering with scan) and the sonographer said that they would normally invite me back if I was say 12 weeks but as I'm 14 weeks they recommend the triple blood screening test at 15 weeks. Has anyone had this? With DS they did the 12 week one, the NT was fine and the bloods came back with a chance figure (ie DS was 1/28,000 ish I think and classed as very low), are the 15 week ones the same format? I have no reason to think that there will be an increased risk but it's playing on my mindsad.

Alyx80 Thu 15-Jan-15 12:11:22

The same thing happened to me, baby wouldn't cooperate so I had the quad blood screening at 16 weeks. Results came back with low risk of 1 in 12,000.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Thu 15-Jan-15 12:25:06

It happens a lot, unfortunately! I had the nuchal test in my first pregnancy although had to go back twice for it. I live in an area now where they don't have a rescan policy so, as they couldn't get the measurement at my scan, I'll be having the quadruple test at my 16 week midwife appointment.

madbunnygirl Thu 15-Jan-15 12:25:13

I couldn't have NT test done during my 12 week scan so had the blood test at 16 weeks - all fine smile

theonewiththenoisychild Thu 15-Jan-15 12:48:20

i didnt have it in my previous pregnancies. just had blood test and results were fine. i think it must be fairly new to my area doing the nt one. but i had it this time (1 in 100,000) i had a epas emergency scan at 11+5 and she would have done it then but he was bouncing so she said to keep my original dating scan appointment and go back then. i would trust the quadruple blood test as thats all i had before with the other 2 pregnancies

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: