Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ttc - coming off mini pill

(16 Posts)
McRem Wed 14-Jan-15 20:54:07

smilesmile Hubby and I have decided to 'not actively try not to conceive' basically coming off pill and letting nature decide what happens. Been off the pill since between Xmas and new year, normal withdrawal bleed.. Now fingers crossed everything returns to normal after 8years! Just wondering how long others took to conceive or if anyone else is in this position? X

ClearlyOpaque Wed 14-Jan-15 22:05:20

I was on Micronor for just under a year. I came off it at the end of August, had a normal period the first weekend in September (not quite sure what you mean by the normal withdrawal bleed) and then got a positive pregnancy test a month later....

Chickenfillets Wed 14-Jan-15 22:17:32

Took me 8 month to conceive after coming off the pill

LidlMermaid Wed 14-Jan-15 22:22:02

We took the same approach. I took my last pill at the end of June 2011. Baby arrived end of June 2012. And I was no spring chicken so we were lucky.

Good luck.

capecath Wed 14-Jan-15 22:43:27

Took just one week for usshock was on pill for about 10 years too, got pregnant first week off it!!

McRem Wed 14-Jan-15 22:48:24

One week! That's so lucky! Everyone's giving me hope, I work with several people who tried for years and years after the pill, others aren't even trying and fall pregnant! I won't start maternity clothes shopping just yet, but fingers crossed it's as quick as you all x

poocatcherchampion Wed 14-Jan-15 22:52:00

I'm in the same place as you. Had withdrawal period 11 Dec so waiting now for period. Every twinge I'm thinking "this is it".
grin

Only was on it a year - dd2 is 16mo so that bit isn't the same..

pinkie1982 Wed 14-Jan-15 22:53:38

I was on the pill for 16 years. Stopped 7th sept. Had a real period 30 days later, then BPF 10th nov!
Now 14+3! Shocked but very happy smile

applecore0317 Wed 14-Jan-15 22:54:37

I came off the mini pill in June, used protection, had one condom splitting incident in September and am now 21 weeks pregnant smile I had been on the pull for nearly 16 years, mini pill only for six months

applecore0317 Wed 14-Jan-15 22:55:02

Pill not pull lol

ToddlingAlong1 Wed 14-Jan-15 23:34:07

I came off the mini pill after being on it for about 8 years. We also thought we would let nature takes its course and were expecting it to take about a year after reading the horror stories on the internet. We are both an older couple too. wink Had a day of light bleeding 26 days after stopping pill, then proper period 4 days later, maybe chemical pregnancy? Then pregnant next month. Was a very big surprise!! But a lovely one too.

teejayem Thu 15-Jan-15 14:47:33

On pill for 10 ish years, took four months for my periods to come back, and then I settled into 38 day cycles. Got my BFP after 5 of them smile so in total about 9 months.

M27J5M Thu 15-Jan-15 21:47:26

I was on cerazette, 6 weeks after I stopped I got light spotting for 2 days, 4 weeks later found out I was preg! good luck smile

McRem Fri 16-Jan-15 18:15:57

I'm in full baby wanting mode now. Withdrawal from the pill had me crazy! Last night I had lower back ache, sore boobs, feeling nauseated, the works! By this morning I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant. Came to my senses after a busy day at work realising it's probably nothing more than hormones hmm

M27J5M Fri 16-Jan-15 21:05:18

Google whatever minipill you were on cos some of them the withdrawal symptoms are actually pregnancy symptoms, I didn't know this till I looked up mine as I was freaking out not having period for so long after stopping and thought something was wrong, when I did fall preg (wasn't trying) I initially put it down to withdrawal symptoms

Halfpastthelegofmyshirt Sat 17-Jan-15 16:14:36

Being on the pill for 13 years messed up my cycle and it took 6 months to conceive first time (ended in mc) but after that it took 3 cycles for child 1 and then 2 cycles for child 2. Prepare to wait for up to a year and then if you conceive more quickly it'll be a bonus!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: