Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

feeling unsure!

(6 Posts)
Meplusyouequals4 Wed 14-Jan-15 19:39:21

Today I went to see my community midwife at doctors for routine check (BP, urine etc) and she sent me to the day care assessment unit, because I had high blood pressure but no protein in my urine and I had slight swelling in my feet. Saying she thought I had pre-eclampsia.

But when I got to the day care assessment unit (I'm having my baby out of area due to bad experience least time at local hospital) the midwifes there where baffled by why she had sent meangry. My BP wasn't that high 120/80 my booking BP was 110/60. And they said that the swelling is because of the extra weight I was carrying (baby) and nothing to worry about.

They took bloods and they came back fine. They re did my BP and it was back down to 110/62.

What was the community midwife thinking. I've wasted an entire day for nothing.

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 14-Jan-15 20:23:00

Oh I'm 35 weeks

Thelovecats Wed 14-Jan-15 20:37:06

The situation can change very quickly with possible pre-eclampsia. I would never feel it is a waste if your midwife ever wants to send you for extra monitoring...

Iwillorderthefood Wed 14-Jan-15 20:39:08

With pre eclampsia I expect this midwife was erring on the side of caution.

Murphy29 Wed 14-Jan-15 21:22:27

I think she was very sensible tbh. I developed preeclampsia and my blood pressure was never particularly high but between Friday and Monday I went from no protein in urine to +++. I was also really swollen for a good few weeks. The blood tests done after the urine then showed my liver was in a bad way and DS was delivered at 35 weeks as we were both becoming very unwell.

They don't take any chances so it wasn't a waste, you at least know you're doing ok which is the main thing.

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 14-Jan-15 21:27:09

I think she is just a rubbish midwife.

With my DD, I was in slow labour so went to a booked midwifes appointment with this midwife and she told me I wasn't in labour but dd was in the correct position if I was to go in to labour.

1 hour later I was in hospital with my contractions being to strong to cope with and found out dd was breach and I had to have emergency section as I was 9cm dilated with my waters intact

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: