Talk

Advanced search

UTI not getting better??? TMI!!

(11 Posts)
Lulu3108 Wed 14-Jan-15 02:00:39

Hi,

I have a very very bad urine infection, and bad thrush.

Symptoms started at the weekend, I waited until Monday... Saw a nurse who gave me amoxicillin and canesten.

It may be too quick to tell but this is really bad never had it so bad in my life... I don't want to take any chances as I've had some weird spasms a few time in my belly where I think the baby is and pain where my pelvis is.

Would someone recommend I directly speak to maternity or go back to my GP tomorrow.

I am literally bed ridden and have been for days, it is just too painful (the thrush and soreness) and I am weak no appetite.

I am worried it could be a kidney infection or affect the baby.

X

zannary Wed 14-Jan-15 08:35:35

I suffered with a urine infection for 18 weeks and only just got rid of it (glad I did because they were talking about long term medication to control it)

I had so much trouble with my midwife and Dr (I have changed them both and really happy with my new ones)

I took antibiotics which didn't work but gave me thrush time after time.

I feel your frustration. to be honest I felt like no one cared. This is my 1st and I'm now 28+2. In the end I wouldn't stop nagging my midwife and doctor to get it sorted and was eventually referred to a consultant. I can only advise you do the same. call them at every opportunity you can to get it sorted.

hope you feel better soon.

YesICanHearYouClemFandango Wed 14-Jan-15 08:38:09

What did you decide to do after? I would have rung maternity/antenatal assessment myself. If you've been on antibiotics for 2 days I think you should be starting to feel better by now. How far gone are you? I'm pretty sure it won't do the baby any harm but untreated water infections can cause contractions and bring on premature labour, not to mention they make you feel like crap. Better to be seen sooner rather than later, especially if you're in that much pain.

benfoldsfive Wed 14-Jan-15 08:41:35

As a serial pregnancy uti sufferer, call maternity.

cathyandclaire Wed 14-Jan-15 08:41:37

Go and see your GP today, check that the nurse sent off a urine sample, you may be able to get some results by now and check which antibiotics you should be taking.
For thrush bizarrely live natural yoghurt applied to the area can help and be soothing and bloody sticky
Hope you are feeling better flowers

Jodie1982 Wed 14-Jan-15 09:15:00

Go to Maternity Triage. I'm currently getting over a Kidney Infection, spent night in hospital on an IV for antibiotics, if your in so much pain they will want to monitor you and baby. Bad Infections can bring on Premature Labour.

Lulu3108 Wed 14-Jan-15 11:55:26

I am 15 weeks.. I am getting a weird pain in my stomach next to the belly button as well but I dont know what it is, I thought it could of been the baby as its like a flutter not constant but then it is a little uncomfortable pain.

Rang the midwife again, She said urine infections cause little contractions, and to wait and get the antibiotics over with.

I am going to speak to a doctor this afternoon

I did initially ring maternity as normally they are quite good however they told me to call my doctor a few days ago.

Thanks x

Lulu3108 Wed 14-Jan-15 11:56:04

(The flutter pain comes and goes suddenly)

Lweji Wed 14-Jan-15 11:58:48

I'd call the doctor today, not wait for tomorrow.

NurseP Wed 14-Jan-15 12:09:16

I had a uti at 10 weeks and was in agony! It took me a few days to get right. I found drinking mugs of half cranberry juice and half boiling water helped to speed up recovery. I think I had about 3 cartons in 2 days! I think I read somewhere too that as pregnanpregnancy an mask the early symptoms, it is not incoon for the I vector to be quite bad and to your kidneys by the time it is picked up. I wish you a speedy recovery! cake

Lulu3108 Thu 15-Jan-15 23:57:50

Thank u x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: