Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How long after birth for reflux and pelvic pain to go?

(4 Posts)
Pico2 Wed 14-Jan-15 00:39:17

I'm currently taking ranatidine for reflux and have some pelvic pain (not terrible or debilitating, more like someone is giving me the odd, sharp kick in the crotch). Any ideas when these will go? I can't remember when I stopped having to drink gallons of gaviscon last time.

GailLondon Wed 14-Jan-15 07:30:48

Reflux went immediately after birth for me, it was such a relief!!

tryingtocatchthewind Wed 14-Jan-15 07:35:15

Yep reflux/heartburn disappeared straight away for me both times although I was still drinking gaviscon in labour!

The pelvic pain took about 4-5 weeks long enough for me to start worrying but has gone before baby's 6 week check

MrsDumbledore Wed 14-Jan-15 14:18:10

Reflux immediately better after giving birth. I remember being amazed when I woke up to realise I had fallen asleep completely flat on my back that night -that would have been impossible the night before!

Pelvic pain -pretty much better straight away, just the occasional mild twinge or ache if I walked far for a month or two.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: