Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Gestational Diabetes blood test

(6 Posts)
Way2Tired Tue 13-Jan-15 22:38:29

what happens if you don't eat before the GD blood test?

losthermind Tue 13-Jan-15 22:40:28

I was told not to eat before I had the blood test, this was 12 years ago though I don't know if the procedure has changed

justbatteringon Tue 13-Jan-15 22:42:54

You're supposed to fast from about 9 pm the night before if you do eat it affects your blood sugar. I say this as someone who has taken the test on 2 occasions

SASASI Tue 13-Jan-15 22:44:23

You are to be fasted from 9pm the night before.
I was very sick in my pregnancy especially when I hadnt ate for a while & I passed out so I got to lie on a Bed for the rest of the test smile

Way2Tired Tue 13-Jan-15 22:46:15

I got a paper from the hospital asking me to eat specific stuff ( summarizing 75 g of carbs :O ) then exactly 2 h after i have to have my blood taken. I dont normally eat carbs ( and my regular carb intake is about 12g a day -_- )

Beggy15 Wed 14-Jan-15 10:17:46

There's two types of testing for diabetes one where you eat and one where you fast.

Depends which one you're asked to do

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: