Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Caesarean section birth plan advice

(3 Posts)
Naomip88 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:41:37

im 38 weeks pregnant and just writing my birth plan before I meet my midwife on Friday and I wanted some advice about what would be realistic. Due to the Low risk nature of my pregnancy I am keen to go for a water birth with as little intervention as possible (although I'm not ruling out epidurals and other pain relief!) but initially I think I'm going to just go with gas and air and tens. However I know things don't always go to plan and I am quite anxious about certain interventions like inductions and just hearing the word 'forceps' makes me shudder and feel very anxious! Would it be realistic to ask for a c section if forceps or induction are suggested? What I don't want is to have a long difficult labour with every intervention around that ends in a emcs - if things don't progress well I'd rather opt for a c section, does anyone have experience with doing this?

SASASI Tue 13-Jan-15 22:48:31

It depends on where baby is whether forceps or ventouse is used as opposed to c-section- if baby is low down in birth canal the baby would have to be out back through canal for a c-section.

I had a section for maternal health reasons & was very against induction & assisted delivery.

Naomip88 Tue 13-Jan-15 22:54:28

Oh that's a good point, hopefully things will be straightforward!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: