Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anaemia in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
needaholidaynow Tue 13-Jan-15 14:17:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beggy15 Tue 13-Jan-15 17:10:00

My mum had anaemia with my an 5 of my 6 siblings - we are all fine and doing very well!

Your baby should be fine too if you haven't had any severe symptoms of being anaemic and so far nothing has shown up on scans.

Also don't google it's the devil.

Good luck

needaholidaynow Tue 13-Jan-15 18:21:46

Manyproblemsinthishouse Tue 13-Jan-15 18:35:05

I was anemic in pregnancy - iron levels at 95, I forgot to take my iron pills but in the last week took 3 a day and got it up in time for labour apparently, didn't have to have fludd till the epidural did have to have a blood transfusion after birth but it was not horrible and made me feel 100x better! My dd was and is fine so try not to worry, at this stage it's so tiring especially with anemia!

Try the spartone liquid iron in your drinks and try to remember tablets now. Congrats x

needaholidaynow Tue 13-Jan-15 19:04:32

shelley1977 Wed 14-Jan-15 12:00:33

I am really low on iron and am now taking a liquid version as midwife said its a lot better than tablets, I am dreadful at remembering though! I have had this problem in previous 5 pregnancies and babies all fine.

Manyproblemsinthishouse Wed 14-Jan-15 12:26:23

Transfusion was fine, I already had a cannula in from my epidural so they just put it in there. Didn't feel a thing and my family came and saw me and met my DD while I was hooked up to it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: