Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sudden lower back pain 12+3. Advice please.

(26 Posts)
Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 19:55:27

First ever pregnancy. I'm nearly 40 and a bit overweight.
Today I suddenly had lower back pain. I'm sure it's all normal but it's making me panic.
Should I worry or is this just part of it?

Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 20:13:01

Anyone? I'm panicking here.

Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 20:24:10

No one? I'm sure I'm panicking over nothing but I just need someone to tell me to get a grip.

applecore0317 Mon 12-Jan-15 20:27:26

might be trapped wind, that can cause back pain. I'm suffering with the same today and I am 20+5, hot water bottle at the base of back helps and rennies deflatine. Also make sure you are drinking plenty to keep you hydrated ad your kidneys work overtime when pregnant, and an infection can also cause lower back pain

Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 20:47:30

I've been drinking pints of water.
I think I'm going to have a bath, that might help.
Thanks for the answer though. As long as it's not a sign of anything serious I don't mind.

Swanny84 Mon 12-Jan-15 20:50:45

Could be a pulled muscle? Water infection? Trapped wind?
I recently had a water infection and my back was agony, constant pain. I hope your ok soon. Put water sample in to rule it out and plenty of rest xx

Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 21:07:05

I've sent a text to the midwife but I've not heard anything back.
I'm seriously paranoid at the moment.

Observer78 Mon 12-Jan-15 21:23:24

Happened to me right after the morning sickness started to subside. After the baby was born found out it's due to an SI joint dysfunction. Gritting my teeth and working on getting it better. smile

Swanny84 Mon 12-Jan-15 21:38:09

We're all paranoid hun but honestly try relax. Could be a million things and if your not bleeding/losing clots etc I would try not to worry. (Should take my own advice sometimes ha ha). Go to your Dr tomorrow if no better, could be growing pains, please try not to worry. xxx

BumWad Mon 12-Jan-15 21:46:25

I had sciatic like pain in my lower back and bum, I'm 14 weeks. Hope you're feeling better x

Pipbin Mon 12-Jan-15 22:38:42

Am in the bath trying to relax.
IVF pregnancy and our last go at it.
If I lose this baby then that's it.
Hence my paranoia.

NurseP Tue 13-Jan-15 00:21:10

I had a urine infection at about 10 weeks and my back was agony! Hope your pain is eased Pipbin and you are ok today? It's such a worrying time isn't it? I think I'll be a nervous wreck by the time baby gets here! X

Swanny84 Tue 13-Jan-15 04:04:13

Awwww can imagine hun, odds are in your favour tho. Put a urine sample in today and see what that shows. Hope the pain has eased today and you are feeling better xx

emmelinelucas Tue 13-Jan-15 04:26:59

Swanny - a lovely post. You are a nice person.
But hun - hun?
We have etiquette.
And Rules.
No huns please
double kisses are only for the worst things imaginable.
Mn is like, different. And the best site ever.

Swanny84 Tue 13-Jan-15 06:22:51

Sorry I've only been using site a few weeks. Not read any rules.

joycep Tue 13-Jan-15 07:27:30

Pip - I'm sure it's nothing but can you call midwife and get your urine checked today? Pains some really quite painful seem to be par for the course with pregnancy and obviously bloody horrible when you've fought like an animal to get here. Is your 12wk scan soon?

Pipbin Tue 13-Jan-15 07:39:16

Pain gone this morning but brown spotting started.
Waiting for EPU to open.

Swanny84 Tue 13-Jan-15 08:12:53

Good luck pip. Hoping everything is ok for you

Jodie1982 Tue 13-Jan-15 09:41:45

Swanny84, you can use the word 'Hun' if you want! Some people are ridiculous, plenty of people use foul language on here, even the 'C' word but we can't use 'Hun'
I had one person on ere telling me I should change my username!

OP I hope your okay, and get some good news, you must be a nervous wreck.

Observer78 Tue 13-Jan-15 10:21:17

Are you kidding me Jodie1982? I've no correlation between Hun and anything bad!!!
My great grandad and grandad were German, never ever have heard it being used as a derogatory term, ever. I use it and not once has anyone said anything to me about it in "real life". I dare say most people wouldn't even think to think of themselves as barbaric nazis. Jeez lueez . It's not even an obvious or devious word, people think and use it short for Honey d'oh!!!

Pipbin Tue 13-Jan-15 10:49:33

People on mn don't like the word hun not for its relation to Germans in the Second World War but because it is seen as uncouth and common.

Anyway. Called the midwife at the hospital who said to go to the gp. Gp told me all was most likely fine and to hold on until my scan on Monday anyway.

Swanny84 Tue 13-Jan-15 10:58:03

ive never heard hun be used as anything other than hunny, but obviously offends some people, I never intended to offend anyone, I was just hoping to help reassure pip. Thank you tho for your kind words (my inbox is going crazy with people also agreeing I haven't done anything wrong)
Try rest pip, mon seems a lifetime away when your worrying but fingers crossed x

Bubba19alicia Tue 13-Jan-15 11:03:29

Just read this thread and best of luck to you pipbin, can't imagine how worried you must be, but I'm sure it will be fine smile but I have to comment, Hun is uncouth or common!? Didn't realise this site was judgemental on the way people talk...mums come from all different backgrounds!

joycep Tue 13-Jan-15 11:16:37

Pip - can you go to epu and get a reassurance scan? I'm sure all is fine though.

Pipbin Tue 13-Jan-15 17:42:32

You can't self refer to the EPU here. I called the IVF clinic who seemed happy enough with it so I'm going to tell myself to stop worrying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: