Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bit of an embarrassing problem...

(8 Posts)
PenguinTuxedo Mon 12-Jan-15 18:45:00

I'm 11+2 weeks pregnant, and since yesterday I've had a shooting pain in my vagina. It's sort of to the left hand side, and isn't a stabbing pain, or hot or anything, it's just a shooting pain. It comes on and off, but right now is the longest it's been here for - about an hour.
I don't feel I can approach my midwife and ask her about it, so just wondered if anyone else had any advice/experience of this?
I'm just so paranoid, and terrified it's my body getting ready to miscarry sad

blackwidow74 Mon 12-Jan-15 19:01:26

It's normal ... completely and utterly smile with all the ligaments and muscles affected by hormones and your uterus growing day by day these niggles, aches and pains will become a way of life! It may get better in a week or so as your uterus rises out of pelvis easing any pressure that's been on certain bits n bobs ... If it continues and you find yourself struggling with the worry then call your midwife ... last thing you want is to be stressing yourself smile

Swanny84 Mon 12-Jan-15 19:16:00

I had the same thing, my parts also felt swollen when I went to toilet....also apparently normal. Just another joy of pregnancy xx

weelamb123 Mon 12-Jan-15 19:40:34

Yes, ive had this too. All normal. Xx

BumWad Mon 12-Jan-15 19:42:53

Yep fanny cramps grin all normal

RevoltingPeasant Mon 12-Jan-15 19:43:43

I believe the technical term is "lightning crotch". Yes, it happens! Sorry.... grin

Stillyummy Mon 12-Jan-15 19:56:43

It's normal. I am at 22 weeks now and "fanny daggers" are part of my life lol

weeblueberry Mon 12-Jan-15 20:06:14

OMG I had this too.

I love that you ladies have awesome names for it though...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: