Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Big sister gifts

(8 Posts)
mrsannekins Mon 12-Jan-15 16:27:02

I can't believe the time has already come round to start thinking about gifts for baby to give to her big sister.

Does anyone have any suggestions/things that they've given that have worked? I've totally run out of ideas after Christmas and birthday, but want to get something sorted just in case!

Thanks x

natharley11 Mon 12-Jan-15 16:33:09

I bought mine book of amazon im a big sister brother and a teddy
they 3&4 baby not due till next week so don't know how well be received

Swanny84 Mon 12-Jan-15 16:40:49

I bought my daughter a doll, clothes and few accessories, she was 4.5 & loved bathing her baby when I did etc. She's now 10 and second daughter is 6 so I don't know what to do this time around, I was thinking a bracelet and big sister keyring for their school bags xx

AGoldfinch Thu 12-Feb-15 23:03:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Meplusyouequals4 Fri 13-Feb-15 07:20:13

I'm currently sat on delivery suite waiting to go down for my section smile

we have got DD a big sister necklace she is 5 and loves jewelry and a Ollie

DS who is 10 has got an Ollie and a new case for his iPad

will let you know how they are received

marshmallowpies Fri 13-Feb-15 12:26:54

We bought a first camera so DD can join in with all the photo taking that was going on. Plus she got a new backpack for going to nursery as I now need the old changing bag for DD2!

ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 13-Feb-15 12:55:18

No gifts here...my children's new sibling is their present! Dc4 on the way (eldest is 6.5) and never had any issues with jealousy or acceptance.

...I couldn't be further from "Earth mother" but do think that we sometimes pander to this idea of gifts a bit too much.

stargirl1701 Fri 13-Feb-15 12:56:58

We did a doll with change bag, pram, sling, crib and car seat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: