Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Incapacitating exhaustion - is this normal???

(4 Posts)
alexemmerson1976 Sun 11-Jan-15 18:38:16

I am 14 weeks pregnant and had quite a rough first trimester with very heavy constant nausea and fatigue. I appreciate it's normal to feel quite tired during the first trimester, but I am LITERALLY not able to sit up in bed, let alone stand up. Going for a wee is a struggle. If I try and sit up at the dinner table for my meals, I have to rush to the sofa to lay down as I literally have no strength. Is this level of exhaustion normal?? It's really getting me down. I have been in bed almost 2 months and I have 3 other little ones to look after! It was nothing like this in my other pregnancies....

ChickenMe Sun 11-Jan-15 19:21:30

Could you be anaemic? I did have terrible exhaustion until around 16w. But yours sounds extreme. So do go to the docs.
I have anaemia. Before it was diagnosed (pre-preggerz) I could barely face walking upstairs and was considering going up on my bum!
Other symptoms include restless feet, cravings for non food items and itching.

recall Sun 11-Jan-15 19:27:28

It sounds more than the usual pregnancy tiredness to me

NickyEds Sun 11-Jan-15 21:43:07

No, get this checked out. I have been very,very tired during this pregnancy, I have a 1 year old and i can only imagine what it must be like with three children but you shouldn't be struggling to go for a wee. I've found any night wakings hard and find myself waking up in the morning tired but it sounds much worse for you. Give your mw a call

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now