Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ear pressure problem

(7 Posts)
BreeVDKamp Sun 11-Jan-15 15:13:32

Twice this week I've had that feeling where your ears need to pop, like I've been flying, and my voice feels different in my head - that type of thing. It comes from nowhere and I can't shift it, last time it just suddenly went, and I've got it currently.

I don't have any other cold-like symptoms although had a bit of a headache earlier and on-off nausea (I haven't had any nausea at all since being pregnant). Had some sharp groin/low bump twinges but have been walking around shopping all day.

Also I haven't felt much movement today, but also my bump has disappeared so I think it's just that the baby is nestled further back in my body. Am also feeling very damp down below but that could be to do with a thrush treatment from Friday! Sorry if tmi.

So does the ear thing sound pregnancy related and if so anything to worry about? Could it be to do with blood pressure? My bp has been normal so far.

I am so sick of worrying about every tiny thing but I can't help it sad I am 22 weeks btw!

Cozza123 Sun 11-Jan-15 16:04:05

Yes I had it with my last pregnancy and unfortunately it didn't go away till after the birth

BreeVDKamp Sun 11-Jan-15 16:18:08

Thank you Cozza. So it was just annoying rather than causing you any complications?

SmileyScooby Sun 11-Jan-15 20:50:41

I'm also 22 weeks and have had muffled like ears this week so maybe it's a symptom.

AlienforChristmas Sun 11-Jan-15 21:01:12

Well, I don't know, because I have it at the moment too and I'm definitely not pregnant!

Singleandproud Sun 11-Jan-15 21:01:39

I had this! Every time I went outside from the day of my 12 week scan to the Day I had DD. It drove me potty. I asked the nurse about it at a routine appt and she asked the Dr when he was signing my prescription he came in and gave me a lecture on ear anatomy lol and drew me diagrams of the ear canals and how the tube between ear and nose gets blocked and nothing to worry about.

BreeVDKamp Sun 11-Jan-15 22:34:12

Hmm! Interesting! I have had a blocked nose all pregnancy actually, must have just got so used to it that I forgot about it haha. So if the ear and nose tubes are connected maybe it's just all to do with that. Yay for pregnancy, ha! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now