Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-eclampsia and fellatio...

(8 Posts)
greenlizard Sun 11-Jan-15 14:31:06

My OH is a Dr and as I am at high risk of developing pre-eclampsia in this pregnancy,he has being doing some research and decided that we should be following an evidence based medical practice after finding this study:

Dutch researchers conducted a series of studies that confirmed a surprisingly strong correlation between a diminished incidence of pre-eclampsia and a woman's practice of oral sex, and noted that the protective effects were strongest if she swallowed her partner's semen.[55][56][57][58][59][60] The researchers concluded that while any exposure to a partner's semen during sexual activity appears to decrease a woman's chances for the various immunological disorders that can occur during pregnancy, immunological tolerance could be most quickly established through oral introduction and gastrointestinal absorption of semen.[56][57]

Funnily enough my consultant didn't mention this particular study....hmmgrin

The link if anyone is interested in the full article here

seaoflove Sun 11-Jan-15 14:37:45

Hahaha.

Well, as a doctor, your OH should know that following the advice of one, nearly 15 year old paper does not constitute evidence based medicine.

Now, if a systematic review had concluded that semen swallowing prevented preeclampsia, or Cochrane published a review saying the same thing, then that'd be different...

hellsbells76 Sun 11-Jan-15 14:46:21

Pretty sure that only works prior to pregnancy - pre-eclampsia is thought to be caused by the way the placenta implants itself at the beginning so if you're already pregnant it's too late for the supposed protective immunological effects of semen to work. Tell him nice try though :D

greenlizard Sun 11-Jan-15 16:26:22

I just your views with said Oh and he smirked...lol. Cheeky sod!

Pocketangel Sun 11-Jan-15 16:32:43

My OH often tells me of studies he's read from the 'Vancouver Clinic' that involve fellatio and its benefits for me...

EmmaOt Sun 11-Jan-15 17:26:46

Hahaha, so it was DH who decided that you should adhere to this study! Really hahaha!

How long did it take him to find that research. :D

iklboo Sun 11-Jan-15 17:34:03

Tell him you've found a study that shows repeatedly punching your OH in the nuts reduces stress & the chances of developing pre-eclampsia hmm

yummymango Sun 11-Jan-15 18:17:38

Haha full marks for trying though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now