Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just fell over....

(13 Posts)
Crystal049 Sun 11-Jan-15 13:58:25

Only 8 +3 and fell over in a shopping centre, aside from the embarrassment, I'm so worried! Luckily I fell on my knees and hands and called the hospital they said baby is well protected and to rest, if there was any bleeding or pain to call them back. Haven't had any so that's good, but just can't believe it I've never fallen over sober. What an idiot!

avocadotoast Sun 11-Jan-15 14:05:53

Oh you poor thing, it is awful and embarrassing! Are you ok?

Crystal049 Sun 11-Jan-15 14:08:32

I'm good thanks, I hope I haven't hurt the baby! My husband was like what is wrong with you haha x

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Jan-15 14:10:46

At 8 weeks your baby is teeny tiny and still well tucked into your pelvic girdle.

gamerchick Sun 11-Jan-15 14:11:27

I wouldn't worry, your baby is well snuggled into lots of padding atm. Just take it easy.

ISolemnlySwearImUptoNoGood Sun 11-Jan-15 14:11:35

These things happen. Thankfully you were not hurt. I fell off the side of the bath while painting (stupid I know) when I was about 8 weeks pregnant. Everything was fine except for the huge round bruise on my arse in the exact shape of the paint can lid blush DD is 6 now.

MagicSwirlinShip Sun 11-Jan-15 14:13:43

I think it's quite common because your balance is altered. I fell over with both my pregnancies, I managed to twist my foot, graze my knees and I tripped up a kerb and pushed dd1 over!! (different times, not all in one fall). Both were healthy babies. Like your hospital said, the baby is very well cushioned but it is still very embarrassing.

TeaandHobnobs Sun 11-Jan-15 14:17:14

In my first pregnancy I was forever turning my ankles over at 14-20 weeks ish - I think it is all those relaxed ligaments from the hormones.
I had a proper on-the-bump fall at 22 weeks, which may have been the catalyst for DS' early arrival at 32 weeks - so I have been extra cautious this time!
But most of the time (and especially at this early stage) they are extremely well protected in there! My mum fell down the stairs at 20 weeks with me, and also fell through a wooden pontoon on a lake (just her foot/leg, not all of her!) and I turned out ok wink

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sun 11-Jan-15 14:20:04

I fell in a huge pothole in a car park when I was about 15 weeks, and the shock and crying made me vomit the dinner I had just eaten in said car park and put me off cheese cake till ds was about a year old. wink
It's scary, but baby is very padded just now. Hope you are ok.

Crystal049 Sun 11-Jan-15 14:25:27

Thanks guys x

mum2benicole Sun 11-Jan-15 15:00:41

I fell down the stairs from the top all the way down I sprained vertebra in my lower back and had wiplash to my kneck I was 5wks pregnant and baby was perfectly fine
Xx

BumpAndGrind Sun 11-Jan-15 15:11:15

I slipped and fell at 31 weeks.

I cracked my tail bone and my waters ruptured. DD arrived 4 hours after my waters.

It was so frightening at the time (and painful) but it's a story to tell her when she is older grin

sianihedgehog Sun 11-Jan-15 16:52:07

I had a seriously nasty cycling accident at 6+3 and the doctors were very clear that it was not going to have any impact at all on the pregnancy. Don't worry, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now