Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pregnant again after miscarriage in October

(10 Posts)
sweetypie87 Sun 11-Jan-15 09:57:22

Hi guys I've just found out that I am pregnant, I am around 4/5 weeks . I had a miscarriage in October at 5/6 weeks and I'm very nervous it will happen again this is my 2nd pregnancy. Does anyone have any advice on how I can help ease my nervousness. We are over the moon that we are expecting but I'm scared to be happy about it.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sun 11-Jan-15 10:06:09

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have been in your position and it's tough. I tried to stay positive but realistic too - a proportion of early pregnancies do end sadly, it's just nature. At the moment you have no reason to think that you are less likely than anyone else to have a successful pregnancy.

A private early scan, if you can afford it (£75-ish around here), can provide reassurance but I would wait until at least 8 weeks when the riskiest stage has passed.

My first two pregnancies ended in mc at 6 weeks and 9 weeks respectively but I then went on to have two problem-free pregnancies in a row. It isn't uncommon, as I found out on here.

Try not to obsess about it (hard I know), concentrate on eating healthily if sickness allows, taking folic acid and getting enough sleep and gentle exercise and you will be at 12 weeks before you know it.

Good luck!

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sun 11-Jan-15 10:07:19

This thread here provides support for women pregnant after miscarriage.

HollyBen Sun 11-Jan-15 10:22:02

Firstly congratulations sweetie I have been in your position twice. I mc pg1 and pg3. Dd (almost 4 ) was pg2 and i am currently 33 weeks with pg 4. It really isn't an easy position to be in. In my experience the worry and nervousness become a feature of pregnancy. Ask the doctor to refer you gor a reassurance scan (usually around the 8 weeks mark). I am currently on the pg after mc thread linked above. It is a brilliant place for reassurance, advice and voicing your concerns x

Jannywannywoohoo Sun 11-Jan-15 10:45:44

Congratulations! I know the feeling and it's hard. It kind of takes the initial excitement off the whole thing doesn't it? as you can't help but worry.

I had an ectopic then MC but I'm now 32wks pregnant! I'm also 42yrs old and was convinced it was my age, and at 1st I was paranoid as I taught 7zumba classes a week and was thinking that might be too much, but in the end I just thought, if this baby is meant, it will be ok and I really did relax more which I think helped. I've had a really great pregnancy this time, so it is doable!
I contacted the EPAU directly and they were great as they fitted me in for an early scan around the 8 wk mark, just to put my mind at rest.
Keep taking the folic acid, look after yourself but I would say try and go about your life as normally as possible (easier said than done I know). The 12wk wait feels like FOREVER that is definitely a milestone to get to. Keeping my fingers crossed for you... Stay positive wink and let us know how things go xx

sweetypie87 Sun 11-Jan-15 12:16:59

Thanks guys I'm really hoping everything goes to plan with this 1 we have been wanting a baby for a while now and I was devastated last time. Im 27 so I know there's plenty of time and these things happen for a reason. I will be contacting my Dr's tomorrow to sort an appointment out with the midwife. Im going to try and keep busy and hopefully it will fly by. I've started taking folic acid today and I will definitely make sure I look after myself and get plenty of rest :-) x

sweetypie87 Fri 16-Jan-15 07:24:39

Hi guys I started bleeding again Wednesday and it's not good news I feel numb. I've got to go back to work today as I don't get paid if I'm off, I really don't feel ready but I have no choice :-(

HollyBen Fri 16-Jan-15 15:02:27

oh sweety I am so sorry. Do you know for certain it is another? Take care of yourself xxx

HollyBen Fri 16-Jan-15 15:05:40

On a horribly practical point, if it is definitely another mc make sure it is registered with the gp. They will do tests after 3 mc. Whilst I hope you don't get to that point it is important x

sweetypie87 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:16:19

To be honest I'm quite confused I done 2 hmp and both positive different brands aswel on different days. And the test 2 days later at the hospital was negative. Just really confused atm and don't know what to think, I am still bleeding but only very slightly my period is usually heavier and longer x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: