Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Think I'm having a miscarriage

(57 Posts)
butterflycats Sun 11-Jan-15 07:58:16

So upset... Found out I was approx 5 weeks pregnant last week, having been told by my gp I wasn't ovulating and would need a referral. I started bleeding yesterday (6weeks) with some crampy pain which I've had all week, my breasts aren't as swollen or tender and not feeling sick like I had been for the previous few days. Managed to get a scan for Tuesday morning but I feel so numb, upset, anxious and scared sad

GinFace Sun 11-Jan-15 08:03:17

I'm so sorry, butterfly. Here to hold your hand.

Although terrifying, bleeding and cramping are not always indicative of a miscarriage.

I'm playing the same waiting game - no bleeding but no heartbeat at early scan yesterday so waiting for another one next week. It's fucking horrible.

I have everything crossed for you. thanks

butterflycats Sun 11-Jan-15 08:09:50

It's horrible isn't it ginface and I know if there's not heartbeat it will be "come back in a week"
I used to work on EPAU so have a very warped view that everything always goes wrong, but at least there will be a few familiar faces around on Tuesday. I just don't feel pregnant now either sad

GinFace Sun 11-Jan-15 08:17:40

<massive hug>

I think these things just fuck with our brains, don't they? I know what you mean about 'feeling pregnant'. I've had nausea for the past few days and after the scan, it came back yesterday evening. All I was trying to do was work out if it was because of my pregnancy actually progressing or because of the shitty scan news.

I just want to fast forward a few months...if the baby has stopped growing then I just want to be able to deal with that rather than not knowing. Someone give me a crystal ball!

Have you got support around you, butterfly?thanks

butterflycats Sun 11-Jan-15 08:31:22

That's exactly how I feel! I've got some pretty important exams next month and if I'm not pregnant I just want to move on and focus on those (my final GP exams).
My hubby is being great bless him, but that's about it as not really told anyone else apart from a few people at work because I had to sad

CarrotPuff Sun 11-Jan-15 09:03:48

{{{hugs}}}

Wanted to offer some support as I'm in the same boat. A bit further along though, 8w today. Started spotting on Wed night, and then GP messed up my referral, so having a scan at EPU tomorrow. The wait is just horrible...

I hope you both get good news flowers

GinFace Sun 11-Jan-15 10:11:29

Hello carrot. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I am really lucky that I have 3yo DS, and DH is being a rock. He made me tea in bed and let me lie in this morning. Last night as I was lying awake DS woke up and called out for me; he asked for a drink and then asked me to get in bed and snuggle with him (which I normally would have refused to do in the middle of the night but last night I jumped at the chance).

Carrot and butterfly are these your first pregnancies? DS makes the worrying go away slightly because I am so, so grateful that I already have him but at the same time I'm wracked with guilt that I'm carrying his little brother or sister and I just don't know how they're getting on in there.

Have you both got plans today? We're off to fly a kite and then for pub lunch with some good friends which I hope will take my mind off things.

thanks

butterflycats Sun 11-Jan-15 10:23:03

Yes it's my first pregnancy, and really shocked I managed to get pregnant after so long trying. Hubby bought me brekkie in bed and we're just going to have a quiet day I think. Perfect day to fly a kite though.
Good luck with your scan tomorrow carrotpuff please let us know how it goes. I'd be more positive if my boobs hadn't completely deflated overnight (sorry TMsi!) and I still felt sick, but it's all gone sad

Bair Sun 11-Jan-15 10:46:43

Huge hugs for you butterfly. I have nothing productive to offer but a handhold and I'm hoping all is fine for you on Tuesday. flowers

CarrotPuff Sun 11-Jan-15 14:05:15

GinFace, this is my second. I have a 13mo DS. Really wanted a small age gap.

It's a lovely day here too, we've been to the park in the morning. DS is in the process of dropping to one nap so we have to keep him occupied till lunchtime.

Butterfly, don't despair, you are very early on, symptoms tend to come and go at this stage flowers

Do you have an exact date of your next scan GinFace?

GinFace Sun 11-Jan-15 16:14:29

Just booked it for Thursday. Shitting myself.

How is everyone doing? Snuggled on the sofa with DS and DH watching the Lego movie and feeling immensely grateful for what I have.

butterflycats Sun 11-Jan-15 17:40:56

I cooked a roast dinner and just tried to relax today. Bleeding has settled down but boobs have completely deflated (!) and sickness has gone. Counting down til Tuesday now to see what scan shows. Just feel bad as I'll have to cancel some of my patients appointments too sad hate letting people down.

Thursday must feel like a long wait ginface but glad your DH is being so supportive xxx

Lilybensmum1 Sun 11-Jan-15 17:50:47

Thinking of everyone and hoping you all get good news at your scans. Been there had bad news once and good news twice, so not always bad news despite symptoms!! I know it's easy to imagine the worst, I always felt I would be less disappointed that way.

Butterfly, your patients will cope you need to put you first, it's hard to concentrate at work with that on your mind, I know first hand I was an epu nurse and then a patient 3 times. Fingers crossed for everyone awaiting results.

GinFace Sun 11-Jan-15 18:35:04

Butterfly it's amazing that you're thinking of other at this time. It's bloody hard. They won't be let down...you need to put yourself first.

Going out today and kite flying / pub lunching was great and made me feel better. Only four more days...

mummaofthreex Sun 11-Jan-15 22:34:25

I'm also going through the same, had a early scan on Friday at 6 weeks all they could see was a sac nothing else today was my third trip up the hospital for blood tests, they have gone from 2063- 3194 so going up slowly.

butterflycats Mon 12-Jan-15 06:47:53

carrotpuff all the best for your scan today! will be thinking of you

GinFace Mon 12-Jan-15 07:08:02

Yes good luck carrotpuff, I have everything crossed and will be thinking of you. Please let us know how you get on. What time is your scan?

Hello mumma and sorry you've had to join this thread too. It's shit waiting, isn't it?

CarrotPuff Mon 12-Jan-15 09:53:19

It's not looking good, had some red blood and clots, though no pain as such. Yet.

In my head it's a miscarriage, but I'd love to be told otherwise...

Thank you ladies for hand holding. The scan is at 12.

butterflycats Mon 12-Jan-15 11:03:40

Here's a hand and a hug xxxx

giantmama Mon 12-Jan-15 11:59:59

Hugs to you all. I'm seven and a bit weeks but pretty sure I've lost this one. Scan is at 1.15pm. Good luck all of you. flowers

butterflycats Mon 12-Jan-15 12:49:26

carrotpuff how did it go?
Hey giantmama thinking of you too xx

CarrotPuff Mon 12-Jan-15 13:27:51

It's a miscarriage. Although they couldn't confirm that it is as baby was measuring 5 weeks. By my dates it should be 8 weeks. So no luck this time unfortunately.

Good luck with your scan giantmama, hope you get good news.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow butterfly, good luck flowers.

butterflycats Mon 12-Jan-15 13:32:13

Oh carrotpuff I'm so sorry. Have you got to have bloods/be rescanned?
Here is a big virtual hug for you, hope you manage to get some rest and take it easy xxx

GinFace Mon 12-Jan-15 16:21:31

So sorry carrotpuff thanksthanksthanks

GinFace Mon 12-Jan-15 16:22:17

Giantmama how did it go?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: