Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40wks paranoid and tear stained

(9 Posts)
expectantmum79 Sat 10-Jan-15 15:58:57

Feeling really sorry for myself and a little paranoid. Have packed hospital bag and everything is ready just feeling so emotional and keep thinking negative thoughts. Living in fear about the baby in between movements. Any advice please.

PregnantAndEngaged Sat 10-Jan-15 16:58:20

Do you suffer from anxiety generally?

If it is causing you stress like this, regardless of how far gone you are, I think you should consult your midwife. Your midwife will want to make sure you're properly assisted if you're feeling this way

expectantmum79 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:39:39

Not usually no, I've been thinking the baby's stopped moving today and crying a lot imagining scenarios. thanks for reply, will give midwife a ring tomorrow.

I think part of it is I'm usually so busy at work and now I'm just 'waiting' I've got anti climax after Christmas excitement and all the build up.

PregnantAndEngaged Sat 10-Jan-15 17:41:37

I can understand because I'm a worrier too. If you are worried that the baby isn't moving as much then that is another reason to speak to the midwife as they can check it out and put your mind at rest smile x

Gen35 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:43:15

The waiting is horrible - I was almost 42 wks when induced both times, both babies are fine and dc1 never moved as much as other people's babies seemed to - tell your me how worried you are, I agree. Maybe go for a scan - we had one for £99 at 38 wks and did reassure us

expectantmum79 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:46:29

Bubba is moving again and my DH is home from work and I'm feeling a lot brighter thanks ladies, think it's just the advancing stages wearing me a bit thin.x

Dogsmom Sat 10-Jan-15 20:24:36

Hope you're feeling better now, it's totally understandable to get to 40 weeks and worry, it is such a long time and when you've reached your due date safely you just want them here physically where you can have some control over their care and health.

It won't be long now and you'll be having lovely warm cuddles with him/her.x

Quitelikely Sat 10-Jan-15 20:33:07

Try drinking iced water or fizzy pop that will get your lo moving!

Fwiw in all my pregnancies at the last week my babies did move less. I remember that. My MW said something to do with less room to wriggle around and the position they're in.

Go and drink something fizzy then come back and tell us how annoyed baby was!

expectantmum79 Sat 10-Jan-15 21:17:26

DH squeezed my leg a moment ago and I had pain across my bump and down below, he is definitely moving now, the reassurance is much appreciated thanks ladies.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now