Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Consultant care after late miscarriage?

(3 Posts)
Lauzc13 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:15:21

Hi ladies,

I am hoping someone may be able to offer advice. I miscarried twin boys at 22 weeks in my first pregnancy (due to an incompetent cervix). I was lucky enough to go on to have a healthy girl 2 years later and throughout that pregnancy I was under brilliant consultant care.

I have just had a positive pregnancy test and wondered if I will be under consultant care again for this pregnancy? Or because my last pregnancy had no complications, this time I would not be offered a consultant.

If anyone has been through a similar situation I would be really grateful to hear what happened with your care in subsequent pregnancies.

Pandora37 Sat 10-Jan-15 15:29:09

I don't have children but work in maternity. You will definitely be under consultant care again, it doesn't matter if you'd had 3 normal pregnancies and births after your first, you will still be offered consultant care. Good luck! smile

Rebuslover Sun 11-Jan-15 14:15:51

hi there lauzc13, firstly congratulations about the recent positive test and i am sorry to hear about the loss of your babies.
1st pregnancy- singleton pregnancy, no complications.
2nd pregnancy- consultant care for identical twins, our twin girls were induced after dying in utero at 23 weeks.
3rd pregnancy- received consultant care despite it being a singleton pregnancy and was told that consultant care would be compulsory in all subsequent pregnancies due to the twins. i was comforted with the extra care i received.
i have just found out i am also pregnant again and welcome to the thought of additional assessment and scans as my view to pregnancy has been marred by the experience we had with the twins.
wishing you a stress free and healthy pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now