Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed

(4 Posts)
louay1 Sat 10-Jan-15 12:29:02

hi all. have been suffering from extremely bad rib pain so was referred to consultant who said that it was sprained intercostal muscles and prescribed me some dihydrocodeine for the pain as paracetamol wasn't helping. since getting the tablets yesterday have taken 2 both times has led to me vomiting. i'm almost certain that it is due to these meds as am 32 weeks and haven't had any nausea or vomiting during the entire pregnancy. was just looking for advice as to whether carry on taking the meds as i don't want to continue to be sick but also don't want to continue to have the pain. what would you all do. anyone think that it is worth phoning the day unit and asking their advice. thanks

Firstimemummy15 Sat 10-Jan-15 12:36:53

Give your on all midwife a call or your out of hours doctor. If you being sick your possibly not getting the full dose of meds and actually being sick will put a strain on ur back and stomach which could aggregate your problem. The things us ladies go through hey! Will be worth it in the ends though. Hope you get sorted soon x

Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 19:48:12

Yeah give somebody a call and get checked. You can only put your mind at ease or pick up on a problem. Win win either way! Good luck.x

Slavetominidictator Sat 10-Jan-15 20:05:47

I always vomit with opiates, am afraid, so if I were you, I'd ask for an alternative as soon as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now