Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tens machine when not in labour

(6 Posts)
Firstimemummy15 Sat 10-Jan-15 12:25:34

This may seem a silly question so please forgive me!! I am 38+4 and like everyone else very uncomfortable. My back is now really giving me jip and feels like I have a hot water bottle surgically attached to me! I just wondered whether I can use a tens machine at this stage or only during labour?? Any advice would be fab smile x

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 12:49:25

My mw told me yesterday u can use them from 37wks, advised me to get 1 cos of backache (period like ache) and regular braxton hicks. I've never tried one tho, have u?

Rockchick1984 Sat 10-Jan-15 16:20:32

My physio told me any time from 30 weeks is fine, obviously only on your back!

littlemills Sat 10-Jan-15 17:47:18

Hi, i'm 28 weeks and starting to get nervous thinking about the birth, (its my first one) Do Tens machines actually help with the pain? x

donkir Sat 10-Jan-15 17:57:20

I had a tens machine with ds and it was a god send. I had this and gas and air. It worked for me.
I've brought one this time around as it wasn't much more expensive than renting one plus like pp have said I can use it for all those aches and pains leading up to labour.

Firstimemummy15 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:17:12

Thank you, I have borrowed one from my sister and just got new pads /batteries. I think it's all personal preference and from what I've heard one thing can work one minute but then be the wrong thing the next minute when in labour!! My back has eased after a walk so I haven't used it today but good to now that I can if needed. Excited to meet this little bump now and hoping it's not gona be another 3 weeks!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now