Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5w6d with 1st child. HUGE already!?

(16 Posts)
Mum2B2first Fri 09-Jan-15 22:51:34

Hi there, first post on here so hope it goes ok!?! I have just found out I'm approx 5w6d into my first pregnancy, but my concern is I am quite round already!?

Right from my belly button down. It is extremely noticeable and I think I will struggle to conceal it for much longer.

I just wanted to know if this is normal with some people. My sister is also currently pregnant and she's 4m15d and I'm rounder than her!!

Thanks everyone. confused

Mum2B2first Fri 09-Jan-15 22:52:31

P.s have not had any scans etc yet, have doc in 2 weeks. :/

letsplaynice Fri 09-Jan-15 22:53:45

My friend gets this early in pregnancy its bloating it goes away again.

SueV14 Fri 09-Jan-15 22:55:30

It is most likely gas smile. Try to avoid foods that make you feel bloated.

Mum2B2first Fri 09-Jan-15 23:04:40

Oh thank goodness. It's horrific. I can't fit in it any of my jeans/trousers have been living in leggings/dresses for past week and a half! Which in this weather isn't great!!! Thank you! Mind at ease.

Wigglebug30 Fri 09-Jan-15 23:29:43

Congratulations!

I was the same at your stage, it didn't go down but that could just be me. Relax with your feet up as much as you can (if you can), it should help the bloated-ness.

Funkytown Fri 09-Jan-15 23:31:29

baby is still really deep into pelvic bone at this point so it is as above wind or bloat it will soon go down

upthewolves Sat 10-Jan-15 01:36:49

I had this OP at around 5 weeks, I'm now 11 weeks and look the same as I did prepregnancy.

PassTheAnswers Sat 10-Jan-15 03:41:53

I was bigger at 5-8 weeks than I was at 11-12. Bloating was a killer.

sleepybee Sat 10-Jan-15 10:15:47

This happened to me, I had to stop wearing skinny jeans & get maternity tights. I bought a bunch of cheap maternity dresses from ASOS & wore them with mat tights right away to hide it from work colleagues. My 'bump' then disappeared around 12 weeks but well & truly popped after 20 weeks no hiding this now!

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 14:18:53

Twins?! grin

Mum2B2first Sun 11-Jan-15 16:21:57

i think it must be bloating, but it is SO bad!! ha ha i find myself laughing! its terrible, hopefully it will go down sooner rather than later!

Dani240 Sun 11-Jan-15 19:49:02

Congrats smile

I'm 8 weeks and I've had exactly the same problem, but it's started to go down a bit now, so the end is probably in sight!

Just live in dresses and leggings until it starts to subside, and try to lie down when you're uncomfortable - I've found that it gets horribly uncomfortable if I sit 'crunched up' for too long!

3luckystars Sun 11-Jan-15 19:58:27

I am exactly the same, I nearly had to put on maternity jeans coming out of the toilet after taking the test. I look about 3 months pregnant at 6 weeks, it's the same every time! It doesn't continue at the same rate though! I can never keep it hidden and am wearing long distracting scarves already at 6 weeks!

A girl at work was 20 weeks pregnant with twins and was still wearing skinny jeans! None of us had a clue. I suppose we are all different.

pinkie1982 Sun 11-Jan-15 23:00:34

I was the same, told it was bloating and it would go but it didn't. Now 14w and it's gone harder. I'm in mat jeans already

Beggy15 Mon 12-Jan-15 07:11:09

I'm 7 weeks and not so much big but nothing is comfortable for me anymore I'm normally a size4-6 but nothing I own I can wear but I don't want to buy bigger clothes get incase anything happens sad an I'm not flash for cash I'm only a medic student!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now