Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Good Android app for counting kicks?

(6 Posts)
catsofa Fri 09-Jan-15 20:38:35

Can anyone recommend a good Android app for counting kicks?

The one I've been trying out doesn't stop the screen timing out after 30 seconds, so I have to keep adjusting the display timeout of the whole phone in settings, which is annoying. Also it's a bit too eager to stop and delete sessions, it's easy to hit the wrong button, and it just displays how many kicks you recorded each session.

That seems a bit pointless when AFAIK you're supposed to time how long it takes to get to 10 kicks - so it needs to show a graph of the variable that varies, i.e. the time taken, doh!

Is anyone using one that works better?

museumum Fri 09-Jan-15 20:47:57

I used a wrist band from the "count the kicks" website. I had an anterior placenta so felt very few kicks. If I remember rightly you are supposed to go round the wrist band in the course of a day. Check the website for more info v

museumum Fri 09-Jan-15 20:48:57

www.countthekicks.org.uk

BanglesSpangles Fri 09-Jan-15 21:43:13

I found the count the kicks app hard to get on with, and got kickme instead, which is pretty idiot-proof imo!

weeblueberry Fri 09-Jan-15 22:09:23

Double check on count the kicks because I don't think the 'count to ten' method is considered accurate any more. It's more to do with gauging your normal movements and basing any irregularity off that as opposed to an arbitrary number if you know what I mean?

catsofa Fri 09-Jan-15 22:25:24

OK thanks, I got the count the kicks one and it seems to ask you to record kicks over ten minutes. Then it keeps track of what your average is and tells you to call a doctor if things are way off average.

Comes with no instructions though so I'm still a bit confused - do I need to only do it when baby is particularly active? Do I count all the rummaging around for ages (as one?) as well as distinct kicks?

I wish it would override the screen timeout settings while I'm using it, I want it to stay lit so I can access the kick button!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: