Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity dresses-Purpless

(7 Posts)
Zahrah5 Fri 09-Jan-15 19:56:26

Has anyone ordered dresses from Purpless-they are on the ebay as well as on their own website. Any comments on quality and wear?
Would these be suitable to wear to the office and also when not pregnant?

Deciding whether to order from Seraphine or try the cheap Purpless. Need something in decent above knee lenght, not too short.

catsofa Fri 09-Jan-15 20:18:24

I've just got a few of their tops, I like them a lot and they're not expensive. The material is viscose which is nicer than cotton, it feels like soft cotton but it wicks better and stays soft even if you don't use fabric conditioner or anything. It's slightly sort of clingy/stretchy, forgiving in larger sizes as it hangs well, but possibly could be a bit revealing if it fits too closely so might be worth getting the larger if you're between two sizes. The material isn't too thin though, certainly not at all transparent.

The long sleeves are just about long enough even for my gorilla length arms, the sleeveless tops in particular are long enough to cover my bum so could be worn with leggings. All mine have just been through their first wash and retained their shape, feel and stitching perfectly. Yes I'd say they'd be fine for both office wear and after pregnancy, in fact I bought them because I didn't want to buy much maternity wear which I'd only wear for a few more months, so I got the nursing tops which should still be useful afterwards as well as now for the bump.

I bought one top on ebay and then got this voucher code GIFTV2014 gives £5 off when you spend £35 not including postage at www.purpless.co.uk

N.B. Genuine satisfied customer I do not work for them!

catsofa Fri 09-Jan-15 20:21:19

Oh also check out this Jojo dress, also in nice comfy viscose, in the sale it's £35 in blue but only £9 in grape colour, no idea why! www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+cowl-neck-maternity-tunic-dresses-in-maternity-dresses+b4588

littlesupersparks Fri 09-Jan-15 20:33:04

They are nice but come up very small x

NovemberRainbow Sat 10-Jan-15 20:53:27

I would go for Seraphine and JoJo on ebay. Brilliant quality and fit. I loved my dresses from Seraphine, they fit perfectly and wash really well.

Catypillar Sat 10-Jan-15 21:31:27

I bought this dress from eBay last week- quality seems good, very comfortable to wear, I wore it to work yesterday. Haven't washed it yet though. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maternity-Ruffle-Wrap-Dress-party-dress-going-out-dress-black-Size-14-16-/171629544789?

sleepybee Sun 11-Jan-15 07:19:10

I recommend ASOS for maternity wear & they always have things in the sale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now