Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I have SPD?

(2 Posts)
Dolly87 Fri 09-Jan-15 19:40:27

Hi there, I know there are lots of threads re this subject but was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight. For the last week or so I've had quite a bit of pain in my groin area. It feels like I've done 100 squats, and although I'd like to say I have, I haven't done any form of exercise as feel too uncomfortable. I'm 25 weeks and just worried that I have SPD, have google to thank for that. I struggle to get out of bed, off the couch etc and feel like I'm starting to waddle. The pain feels like it's in my bones rather than my muscles. Once I get going the pain does subside a little but still there. If this is SPD, should I expect it to get worse? I have no pain in my hips, just the groin area. I have a mw app next week so hopefully she will be able to help. Hope someone can shed some light, thanks xx

sick9876 Fri 09-Jan-15 21:38:23

It sounds like you may have some form of SPD. In my experience (had it with 2 pregnancies now), midwives don't seem to care much unless you are really incapacitated with it (i.e unable to walk). I would recommend an osteopath, they are often really helpful at realigning the pelvic joints and easing the pain and stopping things getting worse (although you will need to fork out money as not available on the NHS). In the meantime try keeping your knees together when you turn in bed, get in and out of the car etc, don't stand on one leg (eg sit rather than stand to shave legs, put tights & shoes on, dry your legs after shower) and take it easy when walking. good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now