Talk

Advanced search

12 week scan - not many pregnancy symptoms - scared

(10 Posts)
sleepy2kp Fri 09-Jan-15 18:00:06

This might seem like a strange question but I have my 12 week scan on Monday when I will be 12 weeks exactly. I have had hardly any symptoms of pregnancy only bigger and sore breasts. My lmp was 20th oct and no bleeding at all since. I've not felt sick, not been emotional, no craving or food aversions, nothing else for which part of me feels very lucky. The other part of me is terrified when I go to scan on Monday there will be nothing there, or no heartbeat. (Also have phobia of hosp / drs etc which isn't helping but I'm trying to deal with that with a very supportive boyfriend!) I saw midwife at 6 weeks and all she did was take my blood pressure and give me loads of leaflets. I showed her 3 x bfp and she said she didnt need to see them. I'm 34 and reduced to complete nervous wreck. I know there's nothing I can do til Monday but grateful for any advice.

aquawater Fri 09-Jan-15 18:02:32

Hi, I had no pregnancy symptoms! It was a total surprise when I found out I was pregnant so don't worry about that. I'm sure all will be fine at your scan.

weelamb123 Fri 09-Jan-15 18:17:46

Snap! I have my scan on monday but will be almost 13 weeks. But i have been off sick with horrendous morning sickness for 6 weeks. You are very lucky not to have any symptoms but i know they do tend to put your mind at rest. if your pregnancy tests say your pregnant then you are, and if anything was wrong with baby then you would have had some bleeding and cramps. Good Luck xxx

sleepy2kp Fri 09-Jan-15 18:27:03

Weelamb, this was What I keep telling myself but then I stupidly read an awful story of a lady who went for her scan, had no symptoms and on scan her baby was there but had sadly died a week ago. Omg I was so sad for this lady but now selfishly keep thinking the worst.

Ohmygoshohmygosh Fri 09-Jan-15 18:30:15

I am another who had absolutely no symptoms with both DD'S. please try not to worry though I understand that is this much easier said than done. .

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 09-Jan-15 18:38:21

I have my first ultrasound next week too and I'm terrified I'll hear bad news. I've hardly been sick and not really had symptoms. I'm 10 weeks

ShadowSuperNova Fri 09-Jan-15 18:40:15

I had very few pregnancy symptoms in my 2 pregnancies, apart from the missing periods.

I was more tired than normal both times - but not so much that it would have raised alarm bells without the missing periods - and my sense of smell improved when pregnant with DS2. That was it for pregnancy symptoms until they grew big enough for me to feel them kicking.

I know this is easier said than done - I know I wasn't properly convinced there was a real pregnancy until I'd had the first scan - but please try not to worry too much. Not all pregnancies come with noticeable early symptoms.

poisonedbypen Fri 09-Jan-15 19:01:44

I had no symptoms either. Try not to worry. Good luck.

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 09-Jan-15 19:05:47

I felt exactly the same as you did with DS1 OP. Virtually no symptoms apart from fatigue and no period. Was sure there was going to be nothing on the scan. But there he was, kicking away furiously and he's currently watching Peppa Pig with his nanna while I put DS2 to sleep. smile

Beggy15 Sun 11-Jan-15 15:05:19

Only about 30% of pregnant ladies get morning sickness and other symptoms are 50/50 I'm only 6 weeks with no symptoms but my doctor said lots of women don't get symptoms it's hit and miss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now