Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need some reassurance

(3 Posts)
leanne3987 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:16:32

Hi, I found out I was pregnant December 4th 2014, and on 31st December I had some bleeding which was more brown in colour than red sorry if to much on information, I went to the early pregnant until where they scanned me and dated me at 5 weeks pregnant, but there was a empty gestational sac and a yolk sac no baby was seen, I was so worried as iv miscarried before but also had 2 successful pregnancys, they told me to go back for another scan when I'm 7 weeks to check if there is a baby and it's developed, I'm so nervous, has anyone ever had this problem before having a early scan and not being able to see a baby. With my last 2 pregnancys I had no bleeding and had every pregnancy symptom you can think of but this one all iv had is a little bit of cramps now and again nothing that I can't handle and feeling tired, should I worry about this pregnancy.

piglet81 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:29:12

Hi Leanne, I had a very similar experience - dark brown bleeding at 5 and a bit weeks, with scan showing only a (?twin) gestational sac, no yolk sac or foetal pole but a Dalmatian which was the likely cause of the bleeding. A repeat scan 2 and a bit weeks later showed one embryo developing normally, and now I'm 23 weeks and all fine.

Good luck - really hope you have a good outcome too. Try to relax (ha!) and keep busy to keep your mind off it while you're in limbo - I know that's hard. flowers

piglet81 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:30:16

Erm, 'dalmatian' should say 'haematoma'!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now