Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Need some reassurance

(3 Posts)
leanne3987 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:16:32

Hi, I found out I was pregnant December 4th 2014, and on 31st December I had some bleeding which was more brown in colour than red sorry if to much on information, I went to the early pregnant until where they scanned me and dated me at 5 weeks pregnant, but there was a empty gestational sac and a yolk sac no baby was seen, I was so worried as iv miscarried before but also had 2 successful pregnancys, they told me to go back for another scan when I'm 7 weeks to check if there is a baby and it's developed, I'm so nervous, has anyone ever had this problem before having a early scan and not being able to see a baby. With my last 2 pregnancys I had no bleeding and had every pregnancy symptom you can think of but this one all iv had is a little bit of cramps now and again nothing that I can't handle and feeling tired, should I worry about this pregnancy.

piglet81 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:29:12

Hi Leanne, I had a very similar experience - dark brown bleeding at 5 and a bit weeks, with scan showing only a (?twin) gestational sac, no yolk sac or foetal pole but a Dalmatian which was the likely cause of the bleeding. A repeat scan 2 and a bit weeks later showed one embryo developing normally, and now I'm 23 weeks and all fine.

Good luck - really hope you have a good outcome too. Try to relax (ha!) and keep busy to keep your mind off it while you're in limbo - I know that's hard. flowers

piglet81 Fri 09-Jan-15 09:30:16

Erm, 'dalmatian' should say 'haematoma'!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: