Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

diarrhoea at 12 weeks - when to see dr?

(3 Posts)
hopefull2424 Fri 09-Jan-15 07:56:26

Hi all
I've not been to good lately with nausea and visited the gp yesterday as I had a fall in the week which they put down to low blood pressure.
Last night I started with the worst diarrhoea I have ever had. It was none stop for 2 hours and unless I sipped water after it went straight through me. Over night I've managed to drink prob half a glass of water but got up with morning and started again with the diarrhoea.
I don't want to go to gp if I can help it as I don't really want to leave the house. I'm wondering if I should make a phone appointment or if I should send dh to pharmacy for some re hydration treatment so I don't get dehydrated.
What would you do?

angelopal Fri 09-Jan-15 08:02:15

I had a couple of stomach bugs in pregnancy. Get some rehydration stuff and take it easy. Unlikely the doctor would be able to do anything.

angelopal Fri 09-Jan-15 08:03:50

Meant to add hope you are feeling soon. The ones I had just seemed to be 24hr things though will take a few days to get over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now