Talk

Advanced search

Bloodclot in the womb

(8 Posts)
Mellyjade Fri 09-Jan-15 07:48:55

I found out i was pregnant last sunday, it came as a big shock but i was thrilled, i already have a four year old daughter so we feel blessed we have this baby, i started bleeding tuesday morning so was rushed up to bgh hospital, they said baby looked fine bt could not say i wasnt having an early m.. They took measurement and said they wanted us back in two days so we went in yesterday and theyve done another check everything seems fine untill they moved across and then told us that i now have a bloodclot in my womb. That to me is scary oviously it cant be normal. Worst of it is is i lost my dad 3 month ago to a brain heamoridge im seeing the negitive in everythingn now.can Someone help with any advice please the doctor thinks im around 5weeks i just cant help but worry i cannot relax.

DeckTheHallsWithBartimaeus Fri 09-Jan-15 08:05:47

Its understandable to worry.

What did the Dr say? Isthere a treatment you can take?

I know people who have had blood clots in their legs whilst pregnant. They had daily injections of blood thinners.

Ive also had a blood clot (in my ovarian vein) so in a pregnancy Id have to have injections too. My blood clot was 'small' and only beeded 3 months treatment.

I dont know how a clot is treated in te womb though.

When are you next seeing a Dr?

Sorry about your dad flowers

Mellyjade Fri 09-Jan-15 11:26:29

The doctor didnt really seem to say anything about doing anything to get rid of the bloodclot they just said that they cant tell me if the pregnancy will carry on but that they have had pregnancys carry on as normal in the past. They want me back next friday for another scan.

DeckTheHallsWithBartimaeus Fri 09-Jan-15 12:18:50

Im sorry, the wait must be horrible.

Im crossing my fingers for you. It does sound like its not definite bad news, but I know that that wont help much right now.

boatrace30 Fri 09-Jan-15 13:24:12

I also had this problem. I had heavy bleeding at 5 weeks so was scanned, and they suspected miscarriage. At 5weeks4days they couldn't tell if everything was okay or not, so they rescanned a week later. That showed a heartbeat and clear embryo, but also a blood clot.
My understanding was that this was relatively common and blood clots can occur when the egg implants. They told me to expect light bleeding which did continue for another couple of weeks.
By the time of my 12 week scan it was gone. Normally they are just reabsorbed by the womb, with some being shed.
There is a danger that when the blood clot comes away it take the embryo with it, but that didn't happen with me. Now almost 19weeks and all is fine.
As far as I am aware there is no danger to your health at all, this is not the same kind of blood clot that might form in your leg.
Fingers crossed the scan next week shows a healthy and developing baby!

Skinnylegs33 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:39:08

Hi,

My friend who was 5 weeks pregnant at the time started bleeding. She went for a scan and they've found a blood clot in the womb. The baby was fine and apparently there is nothing sinister about these clots. She has been told to rest for a couple of weeks, took time off work and wasn't allowed to lift anything heavy or make any strenuous effort.
They prescribed progesterone for her but she lives in a different country and they give out progesterone easier over there compared to here.
I hope all will be well with you. Try to rest as much as you can.

SilverStars Fri 09-Jan-15 17:16:08

Hi I have a blood clot, a haematoma, on my placenta. Caused some early bleeding. Was told many just absorb themselves or bleed out. Consultant is not worried. Am now 21 weeks after some worrying early scans ( now wish not had them tbh!)

Mellyjade Tue 13-Jan-15 12:52:36

This is the scan i had on the 6th and there was no "yolk" in the sac so they thought i was earlier than we thought. Im due back in this friday and im terrified that there is still no yolk would that not just mean i am alot earlier im terrifed in case they think its becos ive lost?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: